Re: Calendar Mod

(1.5 reuploaded)
ok iv tested for everything like 5 times and was testing for like 15 mins...making sure every thing works.

man this is a total pain in the ass, there has got to be a better way to do it. and i hope there aint any more bugs in that section.

102 (edited by JohnS 2004-10-12 14:12)

I'll try it tonight when I get home from work.

One other thing, Gizzmo.
I have a forum which is limited to Admin & Moderators only. Trouble is, if I post to this forum it shows up in the Calendar (along with a brief extract) and can be seen by anyone.
OK, if you click on the link you get an error message and cannot view the post in full (unless, of course, you're logged in as Admin or Moderator) but the fact that the extract can be seen by anyone is not so good. Those first few words could be the all important ones that you don't want others to see.

Is there a way that if a topic or post is made to a forum which is limited to Admin and Moderators then it wont show in the Calendar unless you're logged in with the appropriate rights?

BTW
Don't give up. I know this has been frustrating but IMO it's one of the most useful mods we've seen. Well done...

I've been down so long it's beginning to look like up..

well thanx. and ill look into that idea, its a great idea, and just reading this im getin ideas of how i might do it. and thanx im glad you like my work.

1.6 out with johns idea for the admod forum to now show unless your a mod or admin. great idea, and added a yearly calendar(kinda pointless) still workin on the birthday, and events section. that will take a while

Great idea for the birthday stuff and is there a way i show the calendar on the frontpage?

if mONey is lOSt nOThINg is lOSt,
if cHArACtER is lOSt sOMeTHiNG is lOSt,
bUT,
if rELiGIon and eDUcATiON aRE lOSt eVErYThINg is lOSt.

what do you mean, like show a small calendar or the list of birthdays for the month

No....your calendar alone just nice but would be better if added with the user birthday reminder function.Would be more better if the calendar could be showed on the frontpage like extern.php...but the appearence should be resized to a smaller size like 150 x 150px .I hope you understand me.

bUT,

look at the one on this site - http://hcgtv.org/

Yes, that's it.Looking nice and simple too.

bUT,

Sorry for asking...but can someone share the code, please. I really wanted to put a calendar on the frontpage.

p/s: I also hope Gizzmo has done with his birthday stuff smile

bUT,

try this calender, maybe you can edit it a little bit. its the one i used for this calendar script....

http://www.justgizzmo.com/site/scripts/php/calendar.zip

and i havent realy done anything with the birthday mod just a little thing on the main page that shows the birthdays of the month and an input in the profile, but i dono how im gona show it up in the calendar mod..besides sayin theres a birthday this day.

ok, i'll try it first smile

bUT,

hmm...some manual here please....what should i do with it?replace this with the one in version 1.6?

bUT,

New release 1.8

http://www.punres.org/files.php?pid=24

sorry for the long readme.txt file.

Version 2 will be released in punbb 1.2 and will include Special Dates for users and admins, will also have a list of optinos for special dates.

I got this Error: Unable to fetch birtday list. I've editted the file that you ask twice but still can't get it work.

bUT,

116 (edited by Gizzmo 2004-11-14 17:59)

WOOPS im stupid, forgot to add he mod to add anew row to the SQL HAHA ill get right on that, im sorry everyone, and ill try to start on the calendar extern type file to put the calendar on your front page

ps. its been reuploaded. its only set up for MySQL so send me code for others, if it dont work

Great, it's workin now. smile But one small prob here..It's appears in the profile and index section...there is no statement. Example in the profile  it only show the option but no no instruction what is it for....
while in index.php  it show a blank table and not displaying anything...it's look weird you know..perhaps a statement like No Birthdays This Month would be nice..

bUT,

man i should double check everything befor i upload a new version.....its just some lang things i left out....im so sorry FaRe-Ed, and anyone else who has downloaded it and got problems.

im pretu sure its all worked out now, unless thers bugs in the code.

There is no need to say sorry Gizzmo.It is common that human always make a mistakes.Anyway just remind me if you have updated the mod smile

bUT,

i did right after the post i reuploaded 1.8

ok, i've edited the en_profile.php then this appear
Parse error: parse error, expecting `')'' in /home/www/alulum.freelinuxhost.com/forums/lang/en/en_profile.php on line 115

bUT,

122 (edited by Gizzmo 2004-11-16 07:04)

did you put step 20 in the right place in the file??

cuz if you put it at the end, you have to add a nother comma. and make sure that you put it before the );

<?php

// Language definitions used in profile.php
$lang_profile = array(

// Miscellaneous
'Profile'                    =>    'Profile',

// Password stuff
'Pass key bad'                =>    'The specified password activation key was incorrect or has expired. Please re-request a new password. If that fails, contact the forum administrator at',
'Pass updated'                =>    'Your password has been updated. You can now login with your new password.',
'Pass updated redirect'        =>    'Password updated. Redirecting ...',
'Wrong pass'                =>    'Wrong old password.',
'Change pass'                =>    'Change password',
'Old pass'                    =>    'Old password',
'New pass'                    =>    'New password',

// E-mail stuff
'E-mail key bad'            =>    'The specified e-mail activation key was incorrect or has expired. Please re-request change of e-mail adress. If that fails, contact the forum administrator at',
'E-mail updated'            =>    'Your e-mail address has been updated.',
'Activate e-mail sent'        =>    'An email has been sent to the specified address with instructions on how to activate the new e-mail address. If it doesn\'t arrive you can contact the forum administrator at',
'E-mail instructions'        =>    'Enter the new e-mail address and an e-mail will be sent to that address with an activation link. You must click the link in the e-mail you recieve to activate the new address.',
'Change e-mail'                =>    'Change e-mail address',
'New e-mail'                =>    'New e-mail',

// Avatar upload stuff
'Avatars disabled'            =>    'The administrator has disabled avatar support.',
'Too large ini'                =>    'The selected file was too large to upload. The server didn\'t allow the upload.',
'Partial upload'            =>    'The selected file was only partially uploaded. Please try again.',
'No file'                    =>    'You did not select a file for upload.',
'Bad type'                    =>    'The file you tried to upload is not of an allowed type. Allowed types are gif, jpeg and png.',
'Too wide'                    =>    'The file you tried to upload is wider than the maximum allowed',
'Too high'                    =>    'The file you tried to upload is higher than the maximum allowed',
'Too large'                    =>    'The file you tried to upload is larger than the maximum allowed',
'pixels'                    =>    'pixels',
'bytes'                        =>    'bytes',
'Move failed'                =>    'The server was unable to save the uploaded file. Please contact the forum administrator at',
'Unknown failure'            =>    'An unknown error occured. Please try again.',
'Avatar upload redirect'    =>    'Avatar uploaded. Redirecting ...',
'Avatar deleted redirect'    =>    'Avatar deleted. Redirecting ...',
'Avatar desc'                =>    'An avatar is a small image that will be displayed under your username in your posts. It must not be any bigger than',
'Upload avatar'                =>    'Upload avatar',
'Delete avatar'                =>    'Delete avatar',    // only for admins
'File'                        =>    'File',
'Upload'                    =>    'Upload',    // submit button

// Form validation stuff
'Dupe username'                =>    'Someone else has already registered with that username. Please go back and try a different username.',
'Forbidden title'            =>    'The title you entered contains a forbidden word. You must choose a different title.',
'Profile redirect'            =>    'Profile updated. Redirecting ...',

// Profile display stuff
'Not activated'                =>    'This user hasn\'t activated his/her account yet. The account is activated when he/she logs in the first time.',
'Private'                    =>    'Private',    // This is displayed when a user does not want to receive e-mails
'No avatar'                    =>    'No avatar',
'Show posts'                =>    'Show all posts',
'Realname'                    =>    'Real name',
'Website'                    =>    'Website',
'ICQ'                        =>    'ICQ',
'MSN'                        =>    'MSN Messenger',
'AOL IM'                    =>    'AOL IM',
'Yahoo'                        =>    'Yahoo! Messenger',
'Location'                    =>    'Location',
'Sig max length'            =>    'Max length',
'Sig max lines'                =>    'Max lines',
'Avatar'                    =>    'Avatar',
'Avatar info'                =>    'An avatar is a small image that will be displayed with all your posts. You can upload an avatar by clicking the link below. The checkbox \'Use avatar\' below must be checked in order for the avatar to be visible in your posts.',
'Change avatar'                =>    'Change avatar',
'Use avatar'                =>    'Use avatar.',
'Signature'                    =>    'Signature',
'Signature info'            =>    'A signature is a small piece of text that is attached to your posts. In it, you can enter just about anything you like. Perhaps you would like to enter your favorite quote or your star sign. It\'s up to you! In your signature you can use BBCode if it is allowed in this particular forum. You can tell what features are allowed/enabled out in the left margin whenever you edit your signature.',
'Sig preview'                =>    'Current signature preview:',
'No sig'                    =>    'No signature currently stored in profile.',
'Topics per page'            =>    'Topics per page',
'Topics per page info'        =>    'This setting controls how many topics are displayed per page when you view a forum. If you are uncertain about what to use, you can just leave it blank and the forum default will be used.',
'Posts per page'            =>    'Posts per page',
'Posts per page info'        =>    'This setting controls how many posts are displayed per page when you view a topic. If you are uncertain about what to use, you can just leave it blank and the forum default will be used.',
'Leave blank'                =>    'Leave blank to use forum default.',
'Notify full'                =>    'Include post in subscription e-mails.',
'Notify full info'            =>    'With this enabled, a plain text version of the new post will be included in subscription notification e-mails.',
'Use smilies'                =>    'Convert smilies to images by default.',
'Use smilies info'            =>    'If you enable this option, small images instead of text smilies will be displayed in your posts by default. You can still disable this by unchecking the checkbox on a post per post basis.',
'Show images'                =>    'Show images.',
'Show images info'            =>    'Disable this if you don\'t want to see images and icons in posts (this includes smilies and images displayed with the [img]-tag).',
'Show avatars'                =>    'Show avatars.',
'Show avatars info'            =>    'This option toggles whether user avatar images will be displayed in posts or not.',
'Show sigs'                    =>    'Show user signatures.',
'Show sigs info'            =>    'Enable if you would like to see user signatures.',
'Open links new win'        =>    'Open links in new window.',
'Open links new win info'    =>    'This option sets whether you want links in posts to open in new windows or not.',
'Style'                        =>    'Style',
'Style info'                =>    'If you like you can use a different visual style for this forum.',
'Admin note'                =>    'Admin note',
'Instructions'                =>    'When you update your profile, you will be redirected back to this page.',

// Administration stuff
'User admin'                =>    'User administration',
'Choose status'                =>    'Status',
'Choose status info'        =>    'Choose what status this user should have.',
'Update status'                =>    'Update status',
'Moderator in'                =>    'Moderator in',
'Moderator in info'            =>    'Choose what forums this user should be allowed to moderate. Note: This only applies to moderators. Administrators always have full permissions in all forums.',
'Update forums'                =>    'Update forums',
'Delete user'                =>    'Delete user',
'Ban user'                    =>    'Ban user',
'Confirm delete user'        =>    'Confirm delete user',
'Are you sure'                =>    'Are you sure that you want to delete the user',    // the username will be appended to this string
'Warning'                    =>    'Warning! Deleted users cannot be restored.',
'Delete'                    =>    'Delete',        // submit button (confirm user delete)
'User delete redirect'        =>    'User deleted. Redirecting ...',
'Update status redirect'    =>    'User status updated. Redirecting ...',
'Update forums redirect'    =>    'Forum moderator rights updated. Redirecting ...',
'Ban redirect'                =>    'Redirecting ...'

'Birthday'                =>    'Birthday',
'Birthday info'                =>    'If you want you birthday to show on the calendar, than slected the month, day and year, of your birthdate. If You do not want it to show than Selected "Month", "Day", and Leave Year Blank',
);
bUT,

remove the last ","

El Mejor Lugar de la Red - Corporación Azakur4

125 (edited by Gizzmo 2004-11-16 14:03)

Azakur4 wrote:

remove the last ","

not a big deal, i tested it

you need to add a comma after   'Redirecting ...'