Topic: [suggestion] to help me

i was wondering if you could make a onlne forums installation? like invsionfree.com?
becuz i have no clue on how to install pun i have asked many peoples if they would do it but they said no so i waas wondering if you could make a online installation so that all i wuodl have to do is register make my board name and stuff and it give me my admin and whatnot i know alot of feats would be gone but i would have forums tongue could someone help me?

Re: [suggestion] to help me

I won't (I'm not a bank you know), but maybe someone else is planning something.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

someone else did (and still is?) i dunno the link try searching the forums

Along these lines, I notice a lot of fantastico scripts install phpBB, wondering why PunBb is not on the list?

Maybe it's time to educate the hosting providers.

okay well i was wondering cuz i dont know how to install php forums tongue

well i just found the site that was doing it when i suggested it before but its disappeared, however, i think i'll be able to host this without adverts or stuff so i might have a go at setting it up, i dunno if many people would use it though...

ok, i need to buy a domain (unless someone feels like donating one) any suggestions... what about <yourname>.mypunbb.com

Connorhd wrote:

ok, i need to buy a domain (unless someone feels like donating one) any suggestions... what about <yourname>.mypunbb.com

You can have one at <whatever>.gr8.se if you like.
Best: host it yourself or somewhere else.
Second best: you can have your webspace on my puter - but a/ i do have occational isp-problems and only 2 mbit, and b/you need on pc; a sftp-client or a mac, with wich it works very well. Why sftp? Security. If you do have a sftp client, no problem.

so - if you wanna see how it all works, and you know swedish (?) - go to www.gr8.se and check it out, then mess me here or by mail, and i will set you up.

New Friendly web-shop! • SO happy with PunBB! • Now punBB 1.4.x on ALL forums (won't tell how many or their addresses to avoid spam-regs)

well i want an entire domain so i can give subdomains for the forums that get added, and as for hosting i have some very good hosting for free so thats not a problem

oh and i don't know swedish wink

basically i'm saying i'll buy www.mypunbb.com (or a better name if someone has a suggestion) and you'll be able to register and get a forum with the address name.mypunbb.com

Connorhd,

These people are doing the same thing for phpBB: http://www.boardsxp.com/

11 (edited by Connorhd 2004-11-27 23:07)

yeh theres loads of them (the biggest and worst is probably proboards or something), it should be pretty simple to setup, depending how i do it, like it could be all the forums sharing 1 set of files and just having a different db prefix or something, or i could actually have them all as separate forums i dunno

edit: ok i been thinking about this, i could have 3 option for example standard wich is just punbb, and 2 different modded ones.. then the sudomain would tell it the settings for which one to use and the database, theres a few problems with this though, in 1.2 anyway the admin plugins would have to be only the ones i choose, and i dunno what i would do about caching unless every site goes its own cache folder

yes, i was planning on doing this, but it would be like http://domain.com?forum=name and it would load all of the tables with have a prefix of name_. it wouldnt load punbb at all, no matter what i tried.

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);