Topic: PunBB @ Textdrive.com

As you might have noticed, the site is back up. This time, and hopefully from now on, PunBB.org is hosted by TextDrive. I will be posting more details regarding the move in a few days. Post any problems you encounter in this topic. I don't there should be any, but I might have forgotten something.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

2 (edited by Benny 2004-12-04 17:43)

Re: PunBB @ Textdrive.com

Roger That Soldier.
And Thank for TexDrive

Yours, Benny.

Everything seems to be working apart from the Archives

Seems to be working fine:
1. Funky characters in names on punbb.org
2. Miss the fancy Apache directory listing
3. Like Paul said, the Archives return an error

Very fast though, hope it goes well on this new host.

Funky characters and archives fixed.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

odd, the forums are running very fast, yet textdrive.com is extremly slow...

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

Gary13579 wrote:

textdrive.com is extremly slow...

It's usually super fast. What part of textdrive and when are you talking about?

its ok for me not as fast as punbb.org though

just curious but what made the decision to choose textdrive? there alot cheaper ones out there with more space/features.

just curious.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

they "dontated" the space smile

way cool and thanks to textdrive.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

You can read more about it in the TextDrive blog (start at the bottom): http://www.textdrive.com/weblog/

is punbb.org also moved, if so, update the about text (this is run on a PX 450Mhz...) wink

Ah, I forgot. Fixed :)

Something is wrong with the Server Timezone or is it just me? It's one hour behind.

hadn't thought of that ... I'm one hour behind aswell (did the server change timezone, or is it DST that does it?) smile

same here, one hour behind.

New Friendly web-shop! • SO happy with PunBB! • Now punBB 1.4.x on ALL forums (won't tell how many or their addresses to avoid spam-regs)

Ah, the server timezone was set to GMT. Fixed.

also - Note: It is not possible to register with aol.com e-mail addresses. My ISP doesn't allow outgoing mail to aol.com for spam reasons. - will that be different now?

Ah, yes. Gone :)

Gary13579 wrote:

odd, the forums are running very fast, yet textdrive.com is extremly slow...

just for the record - as i understand it...

textdrive.com is hosted on it's own mothership of a server

hosted sites are (currently) on two other shared servers.

being the site of a developer, punbb.org might have it's own special corner reserved somewhere.

so, just because textdrive.com is fast/slow/whatever - might have no bearing on this site.