Topic: chat

Anyone intrested to do a chat for integrating in PunBB?

Re: chat

i would if i had time, also should this wait for the admin ,oulde system in punbb1.2? and i would suggest PJirc

I wish i could but the chat room i would have will not include chat room, more like a shoutbox...

~Beware of the Darkness Within~

4 (edited by solidsnake239 2004-09-18 03:01)

i would be glad to, but it would take awhile as i'm not a very good PHP-er, i'm pretty skilled at HTML but nothing out of the ordinary. i could set up the way it looks quick, not so much with getting posts right and everything. and it would, like a poster above said, be a shout box. there is a pretty good shout box already in action, you can find it at http://bb.akatolken.com. you can try it out to see how you like it at http://akatolken.com. i'm not sure if he has released it yet though...

(sorry if thats advertising, it's not mine though)

a chatroom? is that possible in a forum? Well, do it ... big_smile
Good Idea ....

Michaela

solidsnake are you going to make a chatroom or a shoutbox? i think you mean shoutbox but i'm not sure for what you said :S

Yes, a chat integrated with PunBB is a great idea! If it will be developed, I will use it for sure.

well i'm just finshing off my rating mod and if solidsnake does either shoutbox or chatroom i'll do the other one wink

I need chat integrated in this forum very much, becouse most of the people on the board i moderate are teens, which flood a lot. Chat could be a good use..

@gyro,
do u canceled the chat mod?
Because i dont here anything more about that ...  smile

Best regards
Michaela

i'm making a chatroom addon for 1.2 using pjirc it should be out sometime just after 1.2 comes out i guess

Connorhd wrote:

i'm making a chatroom addon for 1.2 using pjirc it should be out sometime just after 1.2 comes out i guess

hurry up with it. i want to see a pre-release wink

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

13 (edited by Connorhd 2004-11-22 17:07)

if you talk to me on irc i can show you what it will look like, i've done some of it, but it needs to have a style, language and permissions system built in with 1.2

edit: ok i'm being kind
http://66.98.138.31/~connorhd/chatroom.png

so nice, im lookin forward to this. anyone know where i could get a channel...and does anyone know how i would be able to keep a channel open so if no ones in the channel and some one signs in they arnt made op?

there are 1000s (literally) of irc servers running anope style services e.g. chanserv and nickserv which would allow you to do this just have a look for a nice one i guess - www.searchirc.com

ok got my channel set up now just waiting for your mod....its gona kick ass...

well so far i got nicknames working, almost xhtml compliant, clickable smilies that are the punbb 1.2 ones, it uses your language pack if the chat language is there, if not it uses english, just need to add styles and add a table in sql for all the settings then make a admin plugin i think

awsome cant wait

i would like to somehow see the live chat from www.deviantart.com be incorperated. im not sure if they made it publicly available yet. but its less problematic than the chats that use java, which i hate, well unless im on my linux box, then i dont mind so much.

Gary13579 was making a flash chat but i dunno if hes still doing it, however i wanted a irc chat and i dunno if there are any flash ones that support irc

i think pjirc is a great peace of work, cuz its so customizeable and kool.

i dont belive their are any chats based on irc, which is something i love to use, using my own client (ie mIRC).  for a website it is usually not really needed to join using the irc client, its to much to bother with for users, from a user stand point.  so a flash or java script would be better, to tell ya the truth, i think outa the both flash would be better, i only say this because it reacts much faster than that of java for MOST users (i use linux and windows, but in windows java interface lags and load times are terrable, but when using linux i have no problems at all). using flash would diminish all of that.

well, i usually just link to a MIRC irc link on my front page to save time im just giving suggestions.

well i am making a java irc chat mod using pjirc if you don't like it make your own wink

24 (edited by gezz 2004-12-31 20:23)

a java irc chat mod would be just fine...

its better then nothing... but a shout box mod would be great too, but only if registered users were only allowed to post...

-gezz

tongue im not arguing tongue its good your doing something helpfull, regardless what it is.