Topic: I'm completely new at this

I downloaded PunBB to make my own forum, and have put the files in the folder for my apache server. I open my browser and go to the folder and open "install.php". Should I get some kind of program with forms or something, because all I get is what looks like a text document full of code.

The URL is "http://yourmomatron.no-ip.info/forums/install.php", but all I get it black text.

Re: I'm completely new at this

I'm guessing you don't have PHP installed.

I just installed PHP and MySQL. Do I have to restart the computer or something? Also, if it is on my Apache server that is hosted on my computer, will it still work, or do I need to upload it somewhere first?

4 (edited by Aronion 2005-01-02 18:22)

addicted one wrote:

I just installed PHP and MySQL. Do I have to restart the computer or something? Also, if it is on my Apache server that is hosted on my computer, will it still work, or do I need to upload it somewhere first?

If you do have PHP and MySQL you will need to restart your Apache server (I learned that from installing Perl on my Apache server) A simple kill then start will do it. And yes, if the Apache server is on your computer, it will work. I do the exact same thing on mine. Good luck!
Also, do you have the latest PHP and MYSQL? sometimes really old PHP versions don't work.

Alright I installed the newest version of MySql and PHP, but I still just get the white text. Does it work in Firefox? All I get in IE is "would you like to download the file install.php?"