Topic: Suggestion : keep favorites posts (or topics)

Hi all,

Just a suggestion : that forum, at punbb, is, like other elsewhere, interesting but huge ;
sometimes I read nice posts but I can't (or I don't know how) keep them as favorites.
What I'm suggesting is adding one more option, like subscribe (but not to the topics : to the post) ; maybe : «remember this post» or «make favorite»
The purpose of this is making a easy way of retrieving interesting posts instead of having to search and search and search in all the forums. No wasting time. I select what I want for quick and easy access + a link to my favorites posts.

I hope you understand me smile If you don't, be sure it's because I speak very personal english.

(great work for this v1.2)

abclf.

Re: Suggestion : keep favorites posts (or topics)

You can bookmark the post in your browser. The link is on the post date (which for this post says something like "Today hh:mm:ss".

3 (edited by Miraenda 2005-01-05 07:12)

If it is a post you yourself posted in, you can go to your profile, click on "show all posts" under user activity and see a list there (and bookmark it for future reference).

I do agree that this option would be nice to have in between the 2 current options that are in the upper right of the forum now:

Show new posts since last visit
Mark all topics as read

Something like "Show all my posts" or "Show all posts I'm subscribed to"

you can also go to "my subscribed topics" in 1.2.

Ludo,

Hello,

Yes I know I may use "see my suscribed topics" or "show my posts" ;
but, imagine : I have readen somebody's interesting post (not mine) : when subscribed, I will receive all new posts, and if the topics is several pages long, it isn't easy to go back to the needed post. More, in this case, I don't want new posts, but an old one.
My suggestion is (for example) : make a "favorite message" link where there is the # message number (in 1.2) to "save" it as favorite and find it easely.
If i want to find the post I have readen a week ago where somebody talked about something, the search engine is a good way but not always. Select and save some post might be more useful for such a purpose.

What do you think about it ?

abclf.

Not sure this is a feature suitable for PunBB. Remember people, we want to keep it nice and clean.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

No matter Rickard.
I keep my suggestion in my bag smile