Re: Poll: What browser do you use?

The upgrade is painless... remembers all your settings.  Just install and go. Super easy!

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

Yeah I too start using FireFox. its good.. smile

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

Firefox 1.0pr, IE6/Opera for fixing my websites to render right in all browsers only...

I'm a recent convert from IE6 to Firefox.  I started using it because all my friends were raving about it, but I ended up liking it.  I even got my 55-year-old parents to switch over if you can believe that...

Firefox 1.0PR to see the web in all its beauty.

IE 6 for testing the "shit" (sorry but I have only this word in english to say "daube") which it makes with the CSS.

[img]http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/icons/error.png[/img] /me speaks French and bad English [img]http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/icons/error.png[/img]

FF 1.0PR (and IE6 to fall back on for lame websites not yet in the 21st century smile )

I used to love opera, then I found FF

I love FF 1.0 PR the more I luse it, extensions are a brilliant concept, checking gmail, translating foreign forums, etc etc.

Firefox rocks!

Safari - I have FF downloaded too and use it occasionally.

Have any of you upgraded to Firefox 1.0?   Its awesome!

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

I use the latest Safari and Firefox 1.0 (mainly for its developers plugin). Firefox for OSX contains some annoying little bugs.

Firefox 1.0

Firefox on Windows and Linux

Camino for OSX

Firefox phishing vulnerability discovered

January 05, 2005, 15:30 GMT

Talkback
Tell us your opinion
A newly discovered flaw in Firefox could allow cybercriminals to take advantage of Web surfers

A vulnerability in Firefox could make users of the open source browser more likely to fall for phishing scams.

uk.builder.com - Beyond The Code    
The flaw in Mozilla Firefox 1.0, details of which were published by Secunia on Tuesday, allows malicious hackers to spoof the URL in the download dialog box which pops up when a Firefox user tries to download an item from a Web site. This flaw is caused by the dialog box incorrectly displaying long sub-domains and paths, which can be exploited to conceal the actual source of the download.

Mikko Hyppönen, director of antivirus research at F-Secure, said this bug could make Firefox users vulnerable to cybercriminals. "The most likely way we could see this exploited would be in phishing scams," said Hyppönen.

To fall victim to such a scam, a Firefox user would have to click on a link in an email that pointed to a spoofed Web site and then download malware from the site, which would appear to be downloaded from a legitimate site.

This flaw was given a severity rating of two out of a possible five by Secunia.

David Emm, a senior technology consultant at antivirus company Kaspersky Labs, said it is unlikely that phishers will take advantage of this exploit in Firefox because Microsoft's Internet Explorer still dominates the browser market.

"I think it's unlikely that we'll see hackers rush to exploit this vulnerability," said Emm. "After all, Firefox has a much, much smaller install base than IE and it's likely that hackers will continue to pay more attention to [IE] instead."

This may change in the future as Firefox has attracted a lot of interest in the past few months. A survey at the end of November found that Mozilla-based browsers, including Firefox, accounted for 7.4 percent of browsers in November 2004, up 5 percent from May.

The download vulnerability has been confirmed in Mozilla 1.7.3 for Linux, Mozilla 1.7.5 for Windows, and Mozilla Firefox 1.0. No solution is available at present, but Mozilla developers plan to fix this bug in an upcoming version of the product.

Firefox 1.0

Firefox since the 0.9 days, now 1.0.

IE is a nuisance, Opera not more than a short try. However, I have to use both of them for web developing.

92 (edited by Jacq 2005-01-06 19:16)

Firefox since it was phoenix at 0.2 and many nightlies between versions.

Firefox 1.0 on Linux

moox's M3 Firefox 1.0 build

Firefox (always the last version if I can)

'You will live again, you will live forever. Behold, you are young again forever'

Firefox 1.0 (so far)

Not an Opera fan.

Firefox 1.0+ (I can't live with Firefox 1.0's buggy rendering anymore except for testing of course)

FireFox 1.0

I'll use Internet Explorer if there is a feature on a website that requires it, such as downloading updates from microsoft.com or listen to music on Yahoo Launch.

Paul wrote:

Firefox 1.0+ (I can't live with Firefox 1.0's buggy rendering anymore except for testing of course)

What's the nightly release date on the version you are using or do you update often?

Bert: mines dated 25/12/2004. I think there have been 3 more since then.