Topic: Coppermine Integration...

This is a mod-related discussion but PunRes seems a little dead so I'm posting it here...

I'd like integrate my Punbb Forum with a photo gallery (if only for user management).  Coppermine Gallery offers 'out-of-the-box' integration with phpBB, vBulletin, YabbSE, and a few others...  it would be great if someone wrote a bridge for PunBB.  Would it be possible to use/modify the existing phpBB bridge?  Anyone already working on this?

Find what you want...  Where you want it... www.truelocal.com

Re: Coppermine Integration...

if i'm not mistaken coppermine is also a stand alone so you could just add a link to the nav bar up top. but i can see the agrivation of users who need to register for both.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

I'm going down the same road, punBB integration with a gallery app.

The only problem that I'm having is finding an image gallery that is as lightweight as punbb. Gallery and Coppermine, though nice, have features that are overkill and duplicated in punBB, like commenting.

punBB is a 200K download, Gallery and Coppermine are 2MB.

The search continues smile

After talking to the folks at Coppermine, it appears that integration is not too difficult.  Simply modifying the phpBB 'bridge' file with punBB equivalents should do the trick.  I'm going to make an attempt at it but I may need some assistance along the way from those of you more familiar with phpBB.

OK, so it's not so easy...  the bridge file goes further into the nuts and bolts of punBB than I am familiar with and I have no way of mapping the phpBB equivalents.

If anyone wants to take a look at it, I think it would be an excellent resource for the punBB community.

My aborted attempt can be DL'd from here: www3.sympatico.ca/colin.arminta/punbb.inc.php.txt

6 (edited by Cailean 2004-07-10 19:05)

a related question...

The coppermine folks insist that subdomains can't share cookies making forum and gallery integration impossible if you're setup like this: gallery.anysite.com and forum.anysite.com.

Is this correct?  I noticed that the cookie set by this forum has a domain of .punbb.org - does this mean that any subdomain of punbb.org can access the cookie?

EDIT:  I just checked the cookie my forum sets...  the domain for the cookie is forum.mysite.com - can I change it to just mysite.com?  Will that help?

Yes, you can. .punbb.org means everything under the punbb.org domain.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Yes, you can. .punbb.org means everything under the punbb.org domain.

Well, that solves that wee problem, thanks Rickard!

Anyone have any helpful hints on where to start on this 'bridge' file?  Perhaps the folks who wrote the phpbb conversion?

Any help would be appreciated.

9 (edited by Nibbler(cpg) 2004-08-06 21:17)

Hello,

I am creating a bridge for PunBB integration with Coppermine. The bridge file will not be included with coppermine until the next version (1.4) I expect.

[Demo removed]

Limited to MySQL databases only since coppermine currently lacks a db abstraction layer.

All feedback welcome.

Nibbler
Coppermine Developer.

Yay, Nibbler pwns big_smile

/me annoys Nibbler on IRC tongue

Woohoo!!!

now the only thing left is for someone to be not as lazy as me and write it so its based on the css and stuff(matching layout) thats in punbb smile

Get it here. smile

A question about punBB and CPG

Could you be able nibbler (a lot of stuff I know) to create a CPG > Pun converter to put all user in a same data base users ?

With this :
- if the pseudo is the same = same account
- if the pseudo is different = consider it as a new user in Pun ...

But thanx for your bridge (I test it today)

Production version of the bridge is included in the newly released Coppermine 1.3.2. It is also the smallest bridge file of all the BBs smile

hey folks...i am contemplating an image gallery for my forum
seemed coppermine would be good choice, also seeing they/you provide a bridge for login stuff, nice.

but - i would apreciate your comments on...others' comments on e.g. security issues.
read these: http://www.hotscripts.com/review/26670.html

sounds very bad, no?

New Friendly web-shop! • SO happy with PunBB! • Now punBB 1.4.x on ALL forums (won't tell how many or their addresses to avoid spam-regs)

Coppermine is perfectly secure - there have been no reports of any security breach that I can recall. If you are looking to integrate coppermine with punbb then coppermine will obviously use the hashed passwords from the punbb database so no worries about plain text passwords.

Oh, and passwords are stored in the cookie as md5 hashes not as plain text - that post on hotscripts is simply wrong.

whew! smile
coppermine research continued.

New Friendly web-shop! • SO happy with PunBB! • Now punBB 1.4.x on ALL forums (won't tell how many or their addresses to avoid spam-regs)

I got around to making a cpg->punbb converter, available as a punbb1.2 plugin at the coppermine boards, here.

i'm not gonna use it since i don't have coppermine but cool to have it as a plugin wink

Nibbler(cpg), are you going to release a bridge for punbb1.2 + cpg 1.3? (This is what I'm using by now)
If not..., when will be CPG 1.4 released? Thanks!

23 (edited by Nibbler(cpg) 2005-01-12 15:14)

How about......now ?

Try me

(Use save as)

Wow! Thanks... but I've a problem:

Notice: Undefined index: group_id in .....public_html/simkin/gallery/bridge/punbb.inc.php on line 88
Notice: Undefined index: group_id in .....public_html/simkin/gallery/bridge/punbb.inc.php on line 92
Notice: Undefined index: user_id in .....public_html/simkin/gallery/bridge/punbb.inc.php on line 95
Fatal error: There was an error while processing a database query

Is this error produced because I added more groups on my punbb1.2 ??

25 (edited by Nibbler(cpg) 2005-01-12 15:48)

Line 78 reads:

if ($cookie['id'] > 0)

Change the 0 to a 1 roll

edit: Updated file to include this fix + logout fix + guest group fix