1 (edited by buzzkill 2005-01-12 23:28)

Topic: I need help with converting a style

I have a board that is up here: http://kp.k3mdigitaldesigns.com/board/

Its all in tables.  I have been testing a 1.2 upgrade and I can't seem to work out how to convert the tables to layers.  The border is an image set from a style sheet.  I know I can do the banner and menu, its the rest of the page border that has me stumped.

Any ideas to shed some light would be greatly appreciated.

2 (edited by Paul 2005-01-13 02:49)

Re: I need help with converting a style

I am sorry, I posted this in the wrong area, can a mod or an admin please move this to "troubleshooting"

thanks hmm

Moved

Before you do anything else you need a full Doctype for PunBB 1.2 otherwise you throw IE into quirks mode and PunBB goes splat. I have no idea what you mean by layers.

divs.  MM Dreamweaver called them layers.  Back in DW version 3.0  they used to have a table to layers button and vice versa.  Never worked well.  As far as the doctype, I am aware of this, and the test upgrade has the doctype corrected. the 1.1.5 version is inside a table row, and worked fine because that version was done with tables & nested tables.  I know (correct me if I amway off base here) that tables can exist and work fine within Divs, but do not work so well or at all when they are outside of divs.  It there a way that I can totally get rid of the tables outside of punBB. (the banner & nav button area as well as the rounded boarder edges.)  Paul, I am going to be completely honest and say that I am new to tableless designs.  I think they are a great idea because it not only makes code/markup easier to read, but also reduces file sizes.  In the past I primarily used style sheets to set text look and feel for the whole site.  I am just starting to use it for layout.