Re: Free PHP/HTML editor

Why bother, you can knock out a perfectly good web page in the time it takes DW to load.

you can us non-1337 have no chance tongue

wordpad wink

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

Connorhd wrote:

you can us non-1337 have no chance tongue

Does anybody have a YOUTH => OLD FART translator. I have no idea what that means.

Paul wrote:

Why bother, you can knock out a perfectly good web page in the time it takes DW to load.

You're right. I have every imaginable web page creation software and I just use UltraEdit for the bulk of what I do.

I have to admit, I'm a big fan of Topstyle Pro. The output from the preview is far more accurante than DW and the stuff thats supposed to improve productivity really does.

Now that I'm slowly getting more into CSS, I think I'll revisit Topstyle again. In the beginning it was all a bit confusing to me but I'm slowly getting over the hump.

THE BEST editor not only for html/php is PSPad. It has incredible number of incredible functions... try it !

has anyone tried editpad pro?

Okay, i tried Notepad2, and it has replaced Wordpad, belive it or not

long live notepad2!

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

hmmmm... if you now speak about warez, then Zend Development Suite is the best thing you can ever find for PHP development.

BTW Eclipse + PHPEclipse plugin - not lightweight but very nice free development environment

XuMiX wrote:

hmmmm... if you now speak about warez, then Zend Development Suite is the best thing you can ever find for PHP development.

I beg to differ. I hate Zend Dev Suite. Then again, I hate all Java apps.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I'm a big fan of Crimson Editor. I use it for pretty much everything.

I liked NuSphere PHPED, but my trial just ran out. I used to use html kit and crimson editor, but I never liked those. I think I'll try out notepadd++ and scite.

41 (edited by Todd 2004-12-22 02:00)

It's not free but its very good.

PHPEdit

Only for Windows

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

OK, time for the Mac heads to chip in...

What Mac editor do you use?

I use Pagespinner (it's commercial), but would love to hear of anything better...

I have tried a lot of different editors. 

Here is a pretty descent free one.
http://www.mpsoftware.dk/

44 (edited by ptlis 2005-01-13 19:52)

JEdit, it's cross-platform (great for us GNU/Linux & BSD users), fast, GPL licenced, has a wealth of plugins meaning it can be transformed into a powerful IDE and has excellent syntax highlighting for (X)HTML, CSS, PHP as well as a wealth of other programming & markup languages (SGML, XML etc). The only potential downside is that it is written in Java, and so many people are unwilling to use it for ideological reasons (totally understandable, but unfortunate).

ptlis

I don't dislike Java for ideological reasons, I dislike it because I have yet to try out a Java app that has been fast and especially responsive. Also, I don't like the fact that Java apps always use their own odd way of designing the GUI.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I like EditPlus.

Rickard wrote:

I don't dislike Java for ideological reasons, I dislike it because I have yet to try out a Java app that has been fast and especially responsive. Also, I don't like the fact that Java apps always use their own odd way of designing the GUI.

I concur.

Rickard wrote:

In that case you will be pleasently surprised in some respects; JEdit, once it's loaded into your memory (takes about two seconds) fast and responsive (otherwise it would be no use to me), the GUI is odd both using the X windows system under GNU/Linux & *BSD as well as Windows, but in to me it's not actually bad (and is certainly better than applications such as XMMS which has a damn near unusable default skin). I would advise you give it a try; I was as cynical as you (rightly) are now until I did...

ptlis

Paul wrote:

I have to admit, I'm a big fan of Topstyle Pro. The output from the preview is far more accurante than DW and the stuff thats supposed to improve productivity really does.

What version of TopStyle pro are you using?  I thought it was just Style editor.

Thanks.

I am using Ultraedit, though its not free now, its Really nice for programmers. And I tried Notepad2, Its is also good. But Unable to use multiple windows like what v have in Ultraedit.

Its good to have Emule, but still a problem is, more than dowloading, its uploading the files. Anyone have solution to  stop the upload and can only donwload smile

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily