Re: The new website

Is it tonight yet? tongue

Oh shit! You have to remind me. I forgot sad

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Oh shit! You have to remind me. I forgot sad

LOL ... You remind me of a close buddy: Absolutely brilliant, but oh-so-forgetful! smile

Will replying to this thread remind you? smile

This script looks good, I have been let down by the other newscripts.
I look forward to it's release (tonight?)

Hmm, don't mean to bug you Rickard; you have already done a great job on PunBB 1.2 ... just another reminder on your highly-anticipated news plugin smile

Rickard please put us out of our misery. I keep checking every half hour - my family are telling me to 'get a life'!

I've been down so long it's beginning to look like up..

132 (edited by _arse 2005-01-15 11:58)

I think he forgot :-)

tongue

go here. http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=30933#p30933

I was wondering how i can have the news plugin generate a page like the main punbb.org page.  Do I have to edit the template?

Any help would be much appreciated! smile

136 (edited by Paul 2005-01-17 19:50)

Thats not how it works. The main punbb.org page is just a normal web page with the output file from the new plugin dropped into it with a php include. Doing what you suggest just overcomplicates things without there being any benefit.

Oh okay, I kind of figured that out when I changed the news plugin template and it just duplicated all the XHTML style stuff.

Would you be able to help me with making a website like the punbb.org site?  All I want is a site header, and a menu column on the left with the news beside it.

Wait, nevermind.  I got it working! smile