Re: PunBB 1.2

It would be usefull if you want to have a full fledged cms.

Do, or do not.

True. But this isn't a fully fledged CMS. Its a forum script with a quickie news module.

Shh. People don't have to know that.

Truth be told, I have been waiting for something like this for a while.

Do, or do not.

Forgive my ignorance but how would I make it output to index.php in my sites root directory?

Fire Fusion: You shouldn't. Include news.html (with PHP include() or with SSI) from your index.php instead.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

My knowledge of PHP = none

What would I have to do? If it doesn't take to long to explain.

<?php include('/path/to/news.html'); ?>

Done smile You have to edit the path of course.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Thanks!

smile

When in doubt, a quick trip to the php.net manual is a good place to start:    include()

Rickard wrote:

PunBB 1.2 is a major upgrade from 1.1 and I do expect bugs to surface over the next few days. This release is considered stable, but if you are hesitant or if you run a high traffic site, wait a few days until the dust has settled.

How is the dust doing?  Has it settled yet?

well thats when 1.2.1 will be released probably also check out dev.punbb.org

Yes, I'd wait for 1.2.1. Soon.

thats what you said about 1.2 tongue

Well, 1.2 works, but there are a few kinks that need to be dealt with before it can be deemed production ready.

no i mean the soon bit tongue i was only joking wink

Rickard wrote:

Give it a spin: http://punbb.org/download/plugins/AP_News_Generator.zip

I won't put it up for download on the website until some of you have tested it out.

Thanks for the plugin, works well. After setting everything up it makes it so changing things in my site is easilly accomplished. That and the permissions system of punbb, thanks again. Just out of curiousity if I use the news plugin do you want me to put "powered by punbb" at the bottom? Or is the copyright at the bottom of the forum itself good enough for a copyright notice?

The copyright in the forum footer is more than enough smile

Yeah,

Yours, Benny.