Topic: Question: importing several forums in punBB ?

I have a question. Is it possible to import several forums into one punBB ?

Let's say I have 3 forums... A is running phpBB, B is running IPB, C is running vB. Can I use the importers tools/scripts to import A (for example into a A category), then B (idem), then C (idem) ?

I know there is a possibility of conflicts for same members logins, but I can live with any error handling there are (if there are any). Or, import only the posts (and forums) and ignore the members.

That would be *really* helpful.

Re: Question: importing several forums in punBB ?

If there were no conflicting post/topic ID's, it would work, but I doubt that's the case.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

The ID are imported "as is" in punBB ? They are not updated with an auto_increment to preserve the existing posts/thread in the punBB forums ?

Arghhh

You would have to update all the fields that point to that thread/forum/etc id too, so that would get quite tedious for the converter coder. Maybe you could do that manually per board basis. Like take your forum A and add, say 10000 (depending on post counts), to all the id fields there is and add, say 20000, to all the id fields in forum B and then try to import them all including C to one.

It's a good idea. It won't break punBB when it reach theses ID for itself ?

It shouldn't. To be sure you could do OPTIMIZE TABLE; before putting it to use.