Topic: Sitescore

I just noticed PunBB was ranked #8 on Sitescore. That's out of 15,240 tested websites! Feel free to go there and vote for PunBB.org. With your help, we should be able to make it into the top 5 big_smile

http://www.silktide.com/sitescore/

Edit: I don't know why, but in order to vote for a site, I first have to click "Report" and then "Vote for this site" just below the visitor rating.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: Sitescore

why is design only 9.9 how could it possibly be better wink

Now 6th out of 15,323 with a rating of 9.5.

BTW: Shouldn't this be in the show off forum.

I gave my 2 cents wink

Now in 5th position. Mission accomplished smile

6 (edited by Dr.Jeckyl 2005-01-26 17:07)

http://www.silktide.com/templatefiles/bgimgleft.jpg
this image just doesn't sit with me right.... hmmm...

oh, yeah, good job on the score Rickard and Paul.

on a side note, i've been trying ever since i first saw this thread last night to score THEIR site and i keep getting this:

Unable to display this page

Sorry but too many people are currently using SiteScore to deal with your request right now. Please try again later.

you think they don't want their own site scored or are they really that busy?

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Paul wrote:

Now in 5th position. Mission accomplished smile

I guess we need a new goal. Top 3 anyone? smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

problem is the higher you get the more other sites vote you down tongue

We need to get that 9.9 upto a 10 though I don't quite know how.

One thing struck me though. If you just followed the link to PunBB from Sitescore or anywhere else there is nothing on PunBB's front page to tell you what PunBB is; it just plunges straight into news items.

I was wondering whether it should begin with a short welcome message e.g.

<h2>Welcome</h2>
<p>Welcome to the home of PunBB, a light, fast,  standards compliant blah blah for two or three lines.</p>
<h2>News> etc

10 (edited by chrizz 2005-01-27 14:57)

PunBB is now number 4 big_smile

In case nobody noticed, PunBB is at #3

Correction. It's now at #2.

its doing very very very well indeed wink

so what happens when it hits #1? will you put the little banner thingie on your front page Rickard?

CONGRATS by the way.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

No need to worry, it won't hit number 1. Have you seen the scores that w3.org has. Unless of course a hugh vote score can offset it big_smile

let's be optimistic now. i'm sure we all thought that it(punbb.org) wouldn't jump to #2 as fast as it did now did we? wink but i agree, competing with w3 will be tough.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

I have no problem with W3C staying at the top. I can't say I like the design of their website, but then again, it's the W3C smile

Don't know if you've noticed, but punbb.org is now #1! That doesn't mean you should stop voting though big_smile

AWSOME! now proudly display that badge, go on. big_smile

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Wow, nice! Congratulations on being #1!

I'm sure everyone here has checked their own site as well, and let me be the first to say 'arg!' because of the way they score it. My site is kickass in every aspect, except for advertising... Well, it's a personal site! Of course I don't have much advertising for it! big_smile

However, this is an excellent resource, and I will be using it with as much frequency as the W3C HTML and CSS validator! Thanks!

-Tim

#10 www.punbb.org 9.4???? Are you kidding me?

lol only takes a couple of votes to know it down 0.2

There, I retested and its back at #1. It was a slow response time caused by the servers which caused the drop. Actually I think thats fair enough, a slow site would be less user friendly than a fast one.

Phew! smile Actually, the slow server response is more often a result of Silktides servers being overloaded. The trick is to test the server when there server is as fast as possible smile