Topic: Unexpected downtime

As you might have noticed, the website has been offline today. I just paid the yearly fee for the domain name and apparently, the registrar had some problems with the "auto-renewal". It should be sorted now though. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this caused you.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: Unexpected downtime

Ok Thanks for the notice

Yours, Benny.

I hate Enom. Had problems with them earlier last year. Switch to RegisterFly. It's MUCH cheaper.

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

GoDaddy.com ?

Mako wrote:

I hate Enom. Had problems with them earlier last year. Switch to RegisterFly. It's MUCH cheaper.

I wouldn't call it expensive. I pay the equivalent of $15 per year for punbb.org.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I pay the same for my com/net/org/info (well the ? equivalent), it's a very reasonable price if the service attached is good.

Rickard wrote:
Mako wrote:

I wouldn't call it expensive. I pay the equivalent of $15 per year for punbb.org.

Registerfly is $10 a year for domains (specialty domains cost more however).

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

$5 a year is much ? o_O

9 (edited by Talikar 2005-01-29 06:08)

Thanks for giving the notice over why the site was down, Rickard. I was wondering what was up.

I keep having issues with the forum loading. It either doesn't load at all, or loads with all the css / styles missing.   It isn't happening on my punbb forum or any others, just here and just for the past 3 days.  I know (or think) it isn't registrar related, but i thought I'd mention it.

Anybody else, or just me?

Rob Ludlow 
www.Nifty-Stuff.com - Repository of all Stuff Nifty!
www.reviewum.com - Professor Ratings + Teacher Reviews

try clearing your cache and/or cookies.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Mako wrote:

registerfly is an enom reseller.

ciao,
david

13 (edited by middleground 2005-02-01 01:16)

Rickard wrote:
Mako wrote:

Wow- I can fix you up with $8.95 retail or reseller enom account if interested (I set punres up that way), I have a $6.95 account.

You could resell to support punBB smile

Every Day Above Ground Is A Good One!!

maddleground. Thanks for the offer, but I'm fine.

Mako wrote:

If you hate Enom, why would you like RegisterFly?  RegisterFly is an Enom reseller.

do i hear an echo?

;)

ciao,
david

Yes.  smile
I couldn't resist repeating it to get the point across.
Teach by repetition - that sort of thing.

I found this thread while searching google for "registerfly support problems" (something like that).  You made the 2nd page I think - pretty good considering.  punBB is really moving up in the world.  Congrats.