Topic: PunBB 1.2.1

I'm pleased to announce the release of PunBB 1.2.1. The focus of this release is to fix a number of bugs (roughly 20 to 25 of them) that have surfaced since the release of 1.2. Additionally, one new feature and a bunch of markup and CSS related tweaks and fixes have made it into this release. As usual, you will find a more complete list of changes in the changelog. If you want an even more detailed list of changes, I suggest you have a look at the Trac timeline.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: PunBB 1.2.1

thank you. i am going to install right away wink

Thank you Rickard, been waiting patiently for the release smile

I finally put 1.2 up, excellent work Rickard.......(now if we could convince you of the PM adder..... smile would donation help.....? )....

As noted- excellent job (including markup Paul)

Every Day Above Ground Is A Good One!!

Just upgraded. Thanks smile

Oooo.  How exciting!  Thank you mr. Rickard.  I've been looking forward to this day.  I think I might just download this new version now (as opposed to my 1.1.5) and give it a spin.  (Thanks for releasing the revision so quickly.)

By the way, I appreciate that you put time into making revisions stable, rather than releasing a new version every couple of weeks (like another forum not to be named does).  I'd rather wait for a stable version and install it once rather than install it every month.  Thanks for everything; I like your forum; blah blah; smile.

Haha, right when I get 1.2 workin the way I want it tongue

I'll wait for the changed-files only archive. I don't want to overwrite the mods I have installed.

"You start coding. I'll go find out what they want." - Computer Analyst to Programmer

error in the upgrade script?

// Load the functions script
require $pun_root.'include/functions.php';

// Load DB abstraction layer and try to connect
require $pun_root.'include/dblayer/common_db.php';

should be PUN_ROOT?

Mako wrote:

I'll wait for the changed-files only archive. I don't want to overwrite the mods I have installed.

Quite a number of files changed: http://nupusi.com/item/231

does the migration tool create indexes missing from the former migration tool?

Ludo,

middleground wrote:

(now if we could convince you of the PM adder..... smile would donation help.....? )....

No PM please sad Don't bloat it.

If PM is added, I will have to start making PunBB-- ^^

The new mark-up hooks are welcomed with open arms!  w00t!

15 (edited by jop 2005-02-02 17:20)

arrghh my punbb outputs empty statistics box in admin_index.php. After upgrading to 1.2.1
sad sad sad

EDIT: ok found the problem. Seems lika Ad Muncher muched a little too much.

When upgrading u must write over all file right? Or am i stupid? smile

Then all mods and designchanges are gonna go lost?

Dont get it really.. I'm new with this..

17 (edited by monacelli 2005-02-02 18:16)

Widell wrote:

When upgrading u must write over all file right? Or am i stupid? smile

Then all mods and designchanges are gonna go lost?

Dont get it really.. I'm new with this..

There's upgrade instructions in the archive (docs/install.html).. and yeah, all mods will probably be lost.

Firefox | Dover Mafia
[img]http://yourpage.blazenet.net/raekwon/celli.gif[/img]

wait for the file changes release

Widell: If you make mods, keep track of them cause you'll always have this situation.

I use a directory/source comparison program to update my copy of PunBB or any other app that I use.

I fixed the upgrade script error Connorhd pointed out, but you don't need to re-download if you grabbed the download yesterday.

You can now find changed files archives, a diff patch and hdiff output (it's huge!) on the downloads page. Enjoy smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

analogue wrote:
middleground wrote:

(now if we could convince you of the PM adder..... smile would donation help.....? )....

i second that

Gizzmo wrote:
analogue wrote:
middleground wrote:

i second that

I third it... PM system would just take away from what makes punBB so great.

Maybe we should stop the PM war before it starts, it happened when 1.2 was released no point in doing it again

Mmm, I like the patch and hdiff update distribution methods.  Stupidly neat, good stuff guys smile  Should save me an awful lot of hassle when I do my update tonight

any language pack string added?
any job for translators?