Re: GMail

Yeah, I've got four invites ready for anybody.

Bwongar.com wrote:
Dr.Jeckyl wrote:

so when is gmail going "public"? by public i mean truely open without the need for an invite.

So much is not known. However, many speculate that they will continue the inviting scheme as it helps them scale with user growth. Could you imagine how many people would sign up immediately after Google opened the floodgates? Not even Google could handle that. smile

It was worked out that if they gave everyone that signs up 3-5 invites each the pyramid scheme wouldnt have to go that far before there were enough invites for the whole of the worlds population.. Its just a publicity stunt. Making it invite only adds that kind of importance feel to it. And by saying it is still in beta means they can still change it and continue to activly develop it.

Eddie

making it invite only is great for them, it is a publicity stunt and if they need to they can control the flow people new members

lol anyone want an invite i have 50 big_smile

180 (edited by ameenullah 2005-02-03 07:31)

How to get those invitations, I opened the GMAIL account thru -- Bwongar. Now, i want to invite few of my friends... smile What shall i do?

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

they now appear in a box on the left when you sign in

Yup, i have 49 invites left. If anyone wants one, just email me (Gary13579(at)gmail[dot]com) or post your email address here

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

Yes I found. If i want to create a new id, what i have to do. Only thing is i have to Invite? or i can open it directly? I have 49 Left smile

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

Eh? 1 GB? Could I please have an invite (For free if possible? I'd pay but I honestly have no money, kind of sucks being 17 and unemployed hmm)
email: shadowx [at] postaccesslite.com

edit: sorry i just changed your email slightly so you don't get too much spam but you might be better removing it altogether wink //Connorhd

Talikar wrote:

Eh? 1 GB? Could I please have an invite (For free if possible? I'd pay but I honestly have no money, kind of sucks being 17 and unemployed hmm)
email: shadowx@postaccesslite.com

you're invited smile

Frank H wrote:
Talikar wrote:

email: shadowx@postaccesslite.com

you're invited smile

Thank you very much, Frank. smile

Ahh, I wanted to waste an invite wink

Anyone else? Join now, before its open to everyone (not like no one doesnt already have it...)!

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

188 (edited by Lionell 2005-02-05 15:27)

Hehe, sure thing, send one to me if you really feel like you want to get rid of an invite..

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.

Lionell wrote:

Hehe, sure thing, send one to me if you really feel like you want to get rid of an invite..
lionell telia com

Done.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Hmm - I'm lookin to drop a few invites.  If anybody needs one, send to jtsage - (at) - gmail - (dot) com.  I have around 45 right now.  Best to e-mail as I forget to check this forum pretty frequently.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Jonathan T. Sage
Lighting & Set Designer
Professional Web Designer

I've got 50 invites ready to serve smile

192 (edited by Bwongar.com 2005-06-15 18:45)

Here's a good place to put your invites: http://isnoop.net/gmailomatic.php EDIT - This page has been taken down

Currently, we have 118,072 invites available to share. tongue

Well, because gmail is not enough....
http://www.hriders.com/web_page.cfm?web_pageID=38

1TB of free mail space -_-

Where do they find all that space? 1 terabyte of free space per account? hmm

I think they don't need to, because they don't think anyone would ever try and use that much tongue

Gmail Is Open, signup directly at google now!

https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount

Oh!, so its open to all now.....

Though its open, its not allowing to add dedicated username. They have given the option to open a username with the existing email address like "yourname@hotmail.com"

i think if you open a google account you can open gmail from within it? but i haven't tried