Topic: No content after modifying laguage pack

Hi All,

I am busy writing a language pack for the Dutch language. I am using PunTranslator for that. I started copying all contents of upload\lang\English to a new folder upload\lang\Dutch and started translation a few words. I than uploaded the folder Dutch to my website. Logged in as Administrator, I was able to modify the default language to Dutch. That didn't help me, so I changed the language in my profile to Dutch. That caused PunBB to never return anything else than <html><body></body></html> (sic).
1. I hit the Back button of my browser in an attempt to modify the setting back, which seemed to work, but didn't solve the problem.
2. I checked the mySQL table 'config' and found an entry 'o_default_lang' that was 'Dutch' and modified it to become 'English'. That didn't help.
3. I changed my user's profile setting through the table 'users', no result.
4. I uploaded all files from the dsitribution file punbb-1.2.1.zip again, it didn't help me.

Then, I uploaded to another folder, reinstalled using a different tabel prefix and a new forum was born that works well.

Finally, I cleaned up the cache folder, leaving only the file index.html, and all was OK!

Does anybody have a clue as to what has caused this? By the way, I was only setting up the forum, so no real harm is done here. I posted this mainly to notify this problem and the work-around. If anybody is interested, I will try to reproduce the problem and report.

Re: No content after modifying laguage pack

Well, it seems to be a problem with my laguage files. PunTranslator saves the files using line feed and carriage return (I am running the windows binary), while the original files only contain newlines. replacing my Dutch language files with the English one created a second laguage succesfully (allthough not very useful, as all is still English).

Are you sure you haven't forgotten to escape a quote somewhere? Maybe you forgot a comma at the end of a line?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Well,
Im am not sure. I would expect that PunTranslator takes care of all that. I have only modified the files throught the UI of PunTranslator.

Rickard wrote:

Are you sure you haven't forgotten to escape a quote somewhere? Maybe you forgot a comma at the end of a line?

Rickard wrote:

It were the single quotes. The program does not add the escape character by itself. Of course, I could have seen it by looking at the occasional don\'t etc.

Roel Schreurs wrote:

Well, it seems to be a problem with my laguage files. PunTranslator saves the files using line feed and carriage return (I am running the windows binary), while the original files only contain newlines. replacing my Dutch language files with the English one created a second laguage succesfully (allthough not very useful, as all is still English).

This was nonsense. My FTP client didn't recognize .php files as text files.