Topic: Full e-mail message in Subject when subscribed

Yes, all of a sudden, when you have subscribed to a topic, then someone answers, the full e-mail message
("Answer to topic: [topic name] - [name of poster] has replied to the topic [name] . .. ." etc)
appears in the Subject line of the e-mail.

I didn't do anything! wink - it just started, all by itself...anybody know why?? how can i correct it?

(the message body of the e-mail is still there and correct)

New Friendly web-shop! • SO happy with PunBB! • Now punBB 1.4.x on ALL forums (won't tell how many or their addresses to avoid spam-regs)

Re: Full e-mail message in Subject when subscribed

try reuploading the "mail_templates" folder in your language folder i guess...

Yes, sounds as if there's something wrong with the mail template.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I uploaded the "original" new_reply.tpl
That did it - thank you!
But - i still wonder why?
I opened it in a text editor - saw no difference, except for the changes i had deliberately made (i exchanged the word "tråd" to "inlägg" - sorry you english folks, swedish is my lingo)
AND - even tho i had changed that word, it worked for a long time...but now, allofasudden...like i said above.
So...one wonders why...?

New Friendly web-shop! • SO happy with PunBB! • Now punBB 1.4.x on ALL forums (won't tell how many or their addresses to avoid spam-regs)

i guess the spaces in the file got corrupted somehow, it does happen

Corrupted space - sure could do without THAT! wink  - not to mention all the corrupted characters IN space!!!

well not space really i suppose corrupted line break so it didn't realise the subject had ended

i know one thing too:
you guys are NOT corrupted, and i am very greatful!
corrupted lines and bre
aks - not so goo
d

You didn't translate the word "Subject" in the template, did you? It's a bit confusing, but that word should be in english.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

NO - who do you think i am? wink
and, as i said, it happened allofasudden, not after my editing...

Hmm, ok. Odd. Oh well, it works now :)

12 (edited by woof 2005-02-13 00:09)

FWIW - this was happening to me too. The mail subject line was looking like this:

subject    <sender> from <board_title> has sent you a message. You can reply to <sender> by replying to this e-mail.  The message reads as follows: -----------------------------<mail_message>-----------------------------

You need to take care when uploading the mail .tpl files that they are in 'text' (ascii) format, if not the line breaks become corrupted as Connorhd has suggested.

Also, make sure your text editor doesn't mess around with the linebreaks. I know e.g. BBEdit on the Mac has been known to replace proper UNIX style linebreaks (LF) with MacOS 9 style linebreaks (CR).