Topic: [Release] AP_Broadcast_Email 1.0

This is a simple plugin that allows the Administrator to email all registered users of a PunBB install at one time.

It is a two stage process: Compose and Confirm.

The message is sent 'From' your 'Forum Mailer' and will send to the Administrator as well.

Installation is a simple upload into the plugins directory, like all good plugins.

Can be found on the downloads page: http://punbb.org/downloads.php

Re: [Release] AP_Broadcast_Email 1.0

Excellent. This feature has been requested quite a few times. Nice to see it in the form of a plugin smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

wonderfull a last a huge leap foward in a forum that needed that option thx

Chacmool did make this for 1.2 dev but i don't think he ever got round to updating it to 1.2 full version, one suggestion, it also had the option to send to one specific usergroup which is pretty cool

yeah, i'll add the group option in the next version.

thought about that for this one - but decided to just get what i had out.

thanks

For that purpose, I suggest a select box that allows multiple selections. Preferably a usable variant thereof.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Hi, when i send mail its not adressed from the "webmaster e-mail" (noreply@jrc.nu). it is adressen from noreply@serverdomainname... How do i fix this?

Broadcast Email is using the standard pun_mail() call and should grab what's in the config table in your database for o_webmaster_email as the From: address.

not sure what to tell you.

ok, thanks anyway.. smile

maybe an option to send the mails out in chuncks(groups of maybe 200-500) at a time with a small, couple second pause in between. with a big board this may put a big strain on a mail server.
very nice plugin by the way.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Great plugin.
I tried sending html mail but it won't work. Could this be a posssible option for the future?

I've been down so long it's beginning to look like up..

HTML mail is evil!

yeah, this was written to scratch an itch - and HTML wasn't that itch.

i don't plan on attempting anything with HTML email.

feel free to piggyback off this code if you want though.  it's quite simple.

I have a problem with this addon. I get the error below:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\location\forums\include\email.php on line 107

Any one know why? Please help!

I am having the same problem

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 40 seconds exceeded in d:\web\Forum\include\email.php on line 108

ANyone know how to correct this?

Yes, get a smaller community tongue Although it would require quite a big community (in the millions or so :S) to reach 30-40 seconds of execution.

Try checking the code for any infinite loops smile

I already download this plugin and use it. It's awesome. I have 741 members and it runs smoothly. Thank you for this great plugin.

regards,

Soyuz

Thanks Soyuz.

i have 10K+, thing times out just like the DB Backup plugin does. oh well tongue

hey html would make it better do something

This is handy, how does it handle massive amounts of users, though?

GapYearTalk.com - Gap Year Talk - My Student Holiday Hostel Gap Year Discussion Forum

it should depend solely on the amount of runtime you're allowed for a single process.  if your server is capping your usage, you might see a timeout.

that said, i've not had it timeout for me, but i've never run a forum with 10K users either.

it's a very simple loop - check out the code.
it sends an email to each registered user.

the way ipb's works is by using a cron job. So you don't need the page open to send the emails.

Marse wrote:

This is handy, how does it handle massive amounts of users, though?

it doesn't. i have 14K+ and it hangs forever.

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the forum administrator with the following error message reported by the SMTP server: "501 >: "@" or "." expected after "aribasuki" ".

What wrong with my server? http://fitriarich.com