Re: PunPoll v1.2.3

It's all working fine, but when I edit a post without a poll, I get these errors:

Notice: Undefined index: question in /xxxxx/include/punpoll/edit_save.php on line 6

Notice: Undefined index: answers in /xxxxx/include/punpoll/edit_save.php on line 9

It doesn't stop anything working, it's just annoying. Any ideas how I could stop them from appearing?

OMG! You mean PunBB doesn't come with a standard vote/poll system! This is so disheartening... sad

grace wrote:

OMG! You mean PunBB doesn't come with a standard vote/poll system! This is so disheartening... sad

Not for those of us who have absolutely no use for them it isn't smile

Any idea on when a stable 1.2/1.2.1 version will be out?

-Gh()sT

i don't know but i don't think Chacmools working on it atm, you'll probably just have to make do with the version there is

Connorhd wrote:

i don't know but i don't think Chacmools working on it atm, you'll probably just have to make do with the version there is

You mean the port version someone posted on page 5?

-Gh()sT

yeh, i haven't looked at it though

Can someone confirm that the port works fine on 1.2.1? It's a lot of file modifying to go through smile

Also, for the port, I assume I would just follow the standard readme that is included with the older version also.

-Gh()sT

TheBaker wrote:

It's all working fine, but when I edit a post without a poll, I get these errors:

Notice: Undefined index: question in /xxxxx/include/punpoll/edit_save.php on line 6

Notice: Undefined index: answers in /xxxxx/include/punpoll/edit_save.php on line 9

It doesn't stop anything working, it's just annoying. Any ideas how I could stop them from appearing?

I get the same errors yet everything works fine. I just put an @ in the edit.php to stop seeing the errors. Like so: @require PUN_ROOT.'include/punpoll/edit_form.php';

135 (edited by Gh()sT 2005-02-18 01:08)

It's not working for me... where is the poll.php for /lang/english/ ?

Warning: main(./lang/English/poll.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /xxxxx/viewforum.php on line 6

When I extracted the "pp" file (this is Demon's conversion to 1.2) , there was no poll.php in /lang/english/ ... so that gives me the above error.

sad

-Gh()sT

Gh()sT wrote:

Warning: main(./lang/English/poll.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /xxxxx/viewforum.php on line 6

When I extracted the "pp" file (this is Demon's conversion to 1.2) , there was no poll.php in /lang/english/ ... so that gives me the above error.

sad

-Gh()sT

I have a same problem sad

Gh()sT wrote:

sad

-Gh()sT

you can download the orignal package, and copy this file to /lang/English/  :-)

this patch working for me, I use PUNBB1.2.1 , and you must  modify some code yourself.

Mako wrote:

Shibby!

awesome! low five.. hahah dude where's my car!?

Shibbyyyyy!!

Well i really needed this function big_smile

i get this error when clicking on install_mod.php

The constant PUN_ROOT must be defined and point to a valid PunBB installation root directory.

i just installed the PM message system and that worked fine

cows wrote:

i get this error when clicking on install_mod.php

The constant PUN_ROOT must be defined and point to a valid PunBB installation root directory.

i just installed the PM message system and that worked fine

yoursite.com/install_mod.php   duh o_0

My problem was fixed, seems the convert didn't include a poll.php tongue
Modder assumes user was upgrading from a previous version.

-Gh()sT

boneheade wrote:
TheBaker wrote:

I get the same errors yet everything works fine. I just put an @ in the edit.php to stop seeing the errors. Like so: @require PUN_ROOT.'include/punpoll/edit_form.php';

Or just change your php.ini to have error reporting set to:

E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE

That might not work, since by default PunBB sets it to E_ALL

143 (edited by Loiso 2005-02-26 02:19)

hcblue wrote:
boneheade wrote:
TheBaker wrote:

I was getting similar error in other script. Should be because some assosiative array have no values. This can be fixed with something like

if (!isset($_POST['question']]))  $_POST['question']='';

should work...

144 (edited by Amadiere 2005-02-28 15:21)

Just confirmation for those that are interested. This works fine on version 1.2.2 as well. Below is what I did to get the Poll to work on the board I am working on. This isn't a "do this and it will work" post, but it's a "try this and maybe you will be as lucky as me"!

Summary of Install
- Downloaded Charmool's original version of the software.

- Downloaded dEmon's update.

- Edit the install_mod.php and add '1.2.2' to the array at the top. (Line 12 should read:)
     $punbb_versions    = array('1.2' ,'1.2.1','1.2.2');

- Follow the instructions installing dEmon's version as per the Readme.

- The dEmon version is missing the language file as noted earlier in the thread. This is simple to fix though. It's available in the Charmool version (though it needs renaming).
    *- Charmools is in : /lang/en/en_poll.php
    *- you need to move it and rename it to:   /lang/English/poll.php

- In addition to dEmon's instructions in the readme (you'll notice one of the latter instructions is repeated twice), you'll need to edit one of the lines you pasted into edit.php:
   require $pun_root.'include/punpoll/edit_save.php';
should be:
   require PUN_ROOT.'include/punpoll/edit_save.php';

Similiarly, the same problem exists in post.php
   require $pun_root.'include/punpoll/post_save.php';
should be
   require PUN_ROOT.'include/punpoll/post_save.php';

- This step I didn't see mentioned recently, but it's worth navigating to your /cache directory and deleting all the files except index.html and .htaccess. This stage basically makes sure all the config changes take affect and you don't get the "undefined index o_polls" errors & so on.

The above isn't a complete guide and I may have missed something out, but it certainly seems good to me.

edit: I haven't received the error notices regarding "question" & "answer" indexes that some people have had, so fixes especially for those have not been included in my above text.

^will someone test please???

why can't you?

147 (edited by Amadiere 2005-03-01 14:50)

I've tested. But i guess thats not exactly what you meant lol

If you want to test it safety and know you can go back to what was there before, simply make a backup of your database so you can revert back to the old ones at the drop of a hat.  Or of course, you could create a seperate instance of PunBB and install the mod to that - a test enviroment basically.

it seems t obe working exept when i post a poll without a question i get errormsg but it creates a topic and in admin i cant get to "Polls".. i get

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to fetch category/forum list.

I don't know what this could be really - it might be worth checking that you've covered all the points in the ReadMe file. It sounds like there are some parts wrong somewhere. It may be easier to 'begin installing the mod again'.

I didn't delve a great deal into the PunBB code, I only glanced upon what was needed to get the poll working. Charmool (& later dEmon) did most of the work on this and would have a better idea.

(also it's late and I'm tired big_smile ).

hehe, thx anyway