1 (edited by vw 2005-02-20 23:27)

Topic: Please help / crticize

Hello all,
I'm in the process of trying to button up a site - http://www.texasmusictalk.com

Since I am graphically-challenged, I was hoping you all could offer input and ideas on color schemes.  I'm starting to get my head wrapped around the css sheets - that is a plus.  I'm afraid, however, that the Red, White and Blue color scheme is great for flags (American or Texas), but not the best for websites.  Any ideas or suggestions you have would be most welcome!

Thanks in advance!

VW

Re: Please help / crticize

PS - I added a test forum where guests could post in case anyone wants to see the colors for those views of the site.

Thanks again,
VW

The design was good, but you have way too many sub-forums. Try combining some of the categories, it will also increase the activity on your board. You should not add that many sub-forums until it is necessary (if members ask for it).

a good idea is to start with forums of a rather large range of topics then as your forum becomes more popular you can split them up more, also make sure the most important forums can be seem without having to scroll down

i like the style but i'm not sure about the red in viewtopic

You're right - the red may be a little much.  I'll look into playing with that.  As for the topics, thanks for the input.  I'll have to chew on that one a while.  I've been working with some folks to help me populate some of these forums with topics, but I see your point about too much too soon. 

Thanks again to both of you.  If I get any reasonable changes to the look and feel done soon, I'll post and update.

Take care,
VW

Version 2

I added some softer colors instead of the white to give some contrast.  I still have work to do on my grays.  I also need to find a better way to splash some red into the post section.  That leaves me with the Quick post colors and possibly some tweaks to the quote box.  Let me know if this is any better.

Thanks!
VW