Re: Calendar 2.0

Gary13579 wrote:

http://forums.indocron.net/calendar.php … &day=1

Notice: Undefined variable: avatar in /home/indocron/public_html/forums/calendar.php on line 471

sad

that is fixed in 1.2.1, i was surfing your site and noticed that. so i fixed it :-)

Widell wrote:

It says (Single day event) on the ones i added, how do i add events that i more than one day?

right now there are only single day events and yearly events, to have yearly evnts make the year 0000 or just leave it as Year

Azakur4 wrote:

i found one bug, when i add an event and i don't put the date, this event is added in the database but not appear  in the calendar and generate problems.

i dont have a check to see if the date is set cuz why would someone add an event with out a date, and what kind of problems.

Thanks, Gizzmo! Very very nice mod smile

And i let myself to create .pun installation file for PunMod 0.9.5b2. It makes needed changes to punBB source and db, but you have upload contents of mod archive manually. You can get .pun file here

Its fixed in 1.2.1?
Im using 1.2.1 hmm

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

woops stupid me i must have been thinkin about the pun version and not my calendar version its 2.0.1, have you DL'ed that, if its not fixed in that than ill lookinto it again when i get time on my computer

Gizzmo, is it only possible to write one row in the body?

looks like a bug just tested it, will fix it when i get on my computer

Oh, thanks! I cant see any events in the small calendars eather..? (yes i have put in for the next month tongue )

Instead of TABLES, is it possible to use DIV and FLOAT ? smile (or the worst case : DT DD DL ?)

is this not tabular data though? or near enough

Widell wrote:

Oh, thanks! I cant see any events in the small calendars eather..? (yes i have put in for the next month tongue )

right now there are no links or info in the mini calendars, ill try to work on that in a later version.

how is it going with the row-thing gizzmo?

go download versoin 2.0.2 should be fixed....any other bugs anyone finds please report them there thanx.

I updates calendar.php ad i got no difference

try deleting the event and re-adding it?

well... this mod doesnt' work with postgresql...
to make it work:
in every query replace " to \', then, in your database :

CREATE FUNCTION month(TIMESTAMP)
RETURNS INTEGER
LANGUAGE SQL
AS 'SELECT EXTRACT(MONTH FROM $1 )::integer;'
RETURNS NULL ON NULL INPUT; 
 CREATE FUNCTION year(TIMESTAMP)
RETURNS INTEGER
LANGUAGE SQL
AS 'SELECT EXTRACT(YEARFROM $1 )::integer;'
 CREATE FUNCTION dayofmonth(TIMESTAMP)
RETURNS INTEGER
LANGUAGE SQL
AS 'SELECT EXTRACT(DAYFROM $1 )::integer;'

and replace in queries things like year(date) to year(date::timestamp)

PS there may be more problems, but these are first ones

Gizzmo wrote:

dosnt work..

BTW, SQL injection is possible in your mod.. try
http://your.host.com/path/calendar.php?month=3'

I am having 2 major problems...

The dropdown menu and year insertion box don't work when posting a new event. I can select the month, but then - when I click on the day dropdown - it automatically closes before I can select anything.
The same with the year box. It is unselectable.
I am using Firefox 1.0.

Also, the other error is that when I try to go to a certain month, it just takes me back to "calendar.php".

erissiva wrote:

The dropdown menu and year insertion box don't work when posting a new event. I can select the month, but then - when I click on the day dropdown - it automatically closes before I can select anything.
The same with the year box. It is unselectable.
I am using Firefox 1.0.

i know about this error it seems to be only happing in browsers other than IE. from my testing, and i dont know how to fix it. the way i get around it is just tab over and select it.

erissiva wrote:

Also, the other error is that when I try to go to a certain month, it just takes me back to "calendar.php".

what do you mean, when your viewing the main calendar months? what is the error your geting?

Widell wrote:
Gizzmo wrote:

dosnt work..

hmm, i dono why its not working, it should. do you have the newest version?

XuMiX wrote:

BTW, SQL injection is possible in your mod.. try
http://your.host.com/path/calendar.php?month=3'

XuMiX wrote:

well... this mod doesnt' work with postgresql...

what is SQL injection? rememeber im still a newbie at php coding. and im sorry about the postgresql, but i dont know anything about that and i dont use so there is no way for me to test it. i dont think i could implement it.

Gizzmo wrote:

what do you mean, when your viewing the main calendar months? what is the error your geting?

Ok...I'm on the main month. So, I select the month I want to go to from the dropdown...
i.e. "August". It just redirects me to calendar.php as if I hit "Refresh". I can go to the correct month by navigating to it in the address bar, but not by using the dropdown menu.

46 (edited by Smartys 2005-02-24 00:25)

OK, this is HUGELY abusable with SQL injections. :-/
Until this is fixed, I would suggest anyone who has it installed on a publicly accessable site pull it down temporarily.

SQL injection basically means that it is possible to manipulate one or more variables in a way it wasn't intended, usually for malicious purposes. It is usually possible due to a lack of checking.

Example (lets say we're viewing stats on a user):

select * from user where id = $_GET['id']

I don't check that $_GET['id'] is a number (or do a simple intval()). That means that I could do this

select * from table where id = 0 union select password,password,(etc, however many columns there are) from table where id = [person I want to hack's ID]

If the passwords aren't hashed, I can just login as normal. If they are, the hashes can still be exploited in certain situations. And I could do this for any variable on any table.

However, it's easily fixed in this case. Where-ever you are taking in data from the outside that should be a number, make sure that it is, using something like this:
$var = intval($_GET['var'])
where var is the variable name.

erissiva: i beleave it have fixed it.
Smartys: and im prety sure i fixed all the things on there. thanx for sheding some light on the situation for me

2.0.3 uploaded

48 (edited by Bassguy 2005-02-24 14:29)

Gizzmo, when you add an event in Firefox, the "Day" and "Year" functions do not work very well. In the Day drop down menu, you have to click and hold to select a day, and for the year, you have to select the text and continue to hold down the mouse button to edit the year.

I tried doing this in Internet Explorer and it works fine, but as Firefox takes up more and more of the market, you might want to check out the problem.

i am aware of this, i have the same problem in Opera, and i am still stuck on why it is doin it, the page is comply valid so i dont know what wrong. if anyone at all can help me out please help. thanx

Gizzmo please feel free to come to the punbb irc chat room (#punbb @ irc.quakenet.org) any time, theres quite a few people there who can help you fix bugs and hopefully get things done faster smile