Topic: PunBB 1.2.2

Today brings the release of PunBB 1.2.2. This release has been made primarily to deal with a number of security vulnerabilities in PunBB 1.2/1.2.1. PunBB 1.2.2 fixes a number of SQL injection vulnerabilities in register.php, profile.php and moderate.php (posted to Bugtraq a few hours ago) as well as a file disclosure vulnerability in admin_loader.php. On top of this, a small number of non-security related bugs have been adressed. PunBB 1.2.2 is a recommended upgrade for everyone.

It should be noted that PunBB 1.1.* might very well be affected by some of these vulnerabilities as well, so if you're still running PunBB 1.1.*, I recommend that you at least apply the fixes in changeset 101.

I would like to thank Smartys for reporting the admin_loader.php bug and giving me time to fix it. I would also like to thank John Gumbel for reporting the other vulnerabilities even though I would have preferred more than ~20 minutes to release a bugfix version prior to the Bugtraq posting wink

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Re: PunBB 1.2.2

Damn... I just modded 1.2.1, thinking it'd be a long while until the next update. Oh well.

3 (edited by lament 2005-02-24 23:03)

ha me too.  but i think i'll upgrade right now.

Rickard does this affect your News Module plugin (that i was just going to install) or RSS feeds?

lament: Nope.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

5 (edited by lament 2005-02-24 23:08)

can you be in maintenance mode while upgrading?

Sure.

worked like a champ. thanks!

now off to install the news mod..

I just did it wink

thanks, it's very easy.

I explain to the "frenchies" how to do it here: http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6466

No problem Rickard, always a pleasure to help out smile

10 (edited by hcgtv 2005-02-25 01:00)

Upgraded to 1.2.2 - copied over changed files, ran the upgrade script.

All okiedokie smile

Thanks Rickard.

11 (edited by Bassguy 2005-02-25 01:57)

It seems to have removed my link to my Private Messages, but that's nothing a little "additional menu items" won't fix.

Otherwise, it worked perfectly.

You probably dont want to do that.

Follow the directions from the installer for header.php.

If you dont you wont see the 'There are new messages' link.

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

13 (edited by Ataxy 2005-02-25 04:06)

ok i have updated my forum to the v1.2.2 the installation went smooth except that now when i load my forum i get this appearing at the top of it but it still loads

Notice: Undefined index: o_additional_navlinks in /home/vhost/d-vault.peerforces.com/html/forum/include/functions.php on line 271

i dont know if someone can shine some light on whats the problem

you have to go to 1.2.1 before going to 1.2.2 i think?

it looks like the 1.2.2 install works on 1.2 but it shouldn't

so if i edit all the files manualy will i then be able to run the update script?

-gezz

Oh man. I'm such a moron!

gezz: You need to do the following:

1. Run the following query: INSERT INTO config (conf_name, conf_value) VALUES('o_additional_navlinks', NULL);
2. Delete the php scripts in the cache folder.

That should do it. If you use a table prefix, you should put that in front of "config" in the query above.

I will fix this as soon as I get back from work.

ok thx rickard next question is for connord i have the database plugin and i am trying to run this query:

INSERT INTO config (conf_name, conf_value) VALUES('o_additional_navlinks', NULL);

but ounce i submit the query i always get a page telling me:

SQLerror

also rickard do i delete all the php scripts that are in the cache or some in particular

What does the SQL error say?

You can delete all PHP scripts in the cache folder.

ok all i get is SQLerror
http://www.sitesled.com/members/ataxy/sqlerr.JPG

i have also noticed that in the administrator/option/Additional menu item section of my forum there is this html code in the box

<br />
<b>Notice</b>:  Undefined index:  o_additional_navlinks in <b>/home/vhost/d-vault.peerforces.com/html/forum/admin_options.php</b> on line <b>468</b><br />

if you are running it through the db plugin try this

INSERT INTO #__config (conf_name, conf_value) VALUES('o_additional_navlinks', NULL);

thx connord it work perfectly
and thx rickard for such a great forum

22 (edited by gezz 2005-02-25 22:37)

Rickard wrote:

Oh man. I'm such a moron!

gezz: You need to do the following:

1. Run the following query: INSERT INTO config (conf_name, conf_value) VALUES('o_additional_navlinks', NULL);
2. Delete the php scripts in the cache folder.

That should do it. If you use a table prefix, you should put that in front of "config" in the query above.

I will fix this as soon as I get back from work.

im updating from 1.2.1 so theoreticaly couldnt i just use the install script? the reason why i want to manualy update is because i dont want to loose all my mods and layout changes

-gezz

the install script just changed the version number for 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 i think

There, now the update script has been, well, updated smile Instead of limiting it to updates from only 1.2.1, I made it work with both 1.2 and 1.2.1.

okay, now im just confused... what exactly do i have to do to go from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 manualy? (as in edit the files by hand)

-gezz