Topic: "Visit Timeout" Issues

Ok...Here's the deal.
I installed the mod to set topics as read as soon as they're read. It's working fine - thus this is not a mod issue.

I want to know if it is possible, and what would happen if I disabled the Visit Timout option.

Like, what would happen if I set it to 0. Would it always timeout instantly? Would topics that aren't read never be set as read, even if someone logs out?

Help!

Re: "Visit Timeout" Issues

Try it?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Well, okay - So I set it to 99,999. I don't think anyone should be idle enough on my site for that long...
But, wouldn't that carry over visit to visit, thereby screwing up the whole "read topics" issue?

I'm not sure I understand the difference between this and "Online Timeout". Does "Visit Timeout" have to be triggered before "Online Timout" can take place? If not, then it shouldn't matter if I set it this high. If so, then there is a problem.

And, I didn't try setting it to 0 at first becuse I didn't want to screw up the forums. tongue

Online timeout is the number of seconds a user can be idle before he/she is removed from the "Who's online" list. Visit timeout is the number of seconds a user can be idle before his/her last_visit is updated. This information is used to display which forums and topics contain new posts since the last visit. It's as easy as that.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."