Re: Style feedback wanted, new theme

erissiva wrote:

BTW, Love the blue.

smile

I've started adding a few more things to the theme; more specifically I've fixed a couple of IE layout bugs with the rounded borders (it was shifting the bottom part somewhat). Also, I've added classes for the news generator plugin and styled that as well [demo here] smile

Dude, PunCMS is born wink

hcgtv wrote:

Dude, PunCMS is born wink

Hehe wink Wouldn't say that, but the news generator is definatly a very nice thing to have. I've just added a php file to get the news files and wrap it in the forum layout.

29 (edited by buzzkill 2005-03-14 22:09)

CodeXP:  I really like what you have done.  "thinking outside of the box"  budump ump, crash.  wink  I have just one question for you.  First I should start off by telling you that I have a similar layout that was done for 1.1.5.  Actually the only thing that is similar is the rounded corners.  With tables its a piece of cake.  I have been struggling with the conversion of my layout to CSS-P so I can upgrade to 1.2.3.  I have not looked at the source but how did you get the rounded corners to work?

Peace, and TIA

For reference here is a link to the 1.1.5 site I did.  Go Here

30 (edited by CodeXP 2005-03-14 22:14)

buzzkill wrote:

CodeXP:  I really like what you have done.  "thinking outside of the box"  budump ump, crash.  wink  I have just one question for you.  fFrst I should start off by telling you that I have a similar layout that was done for 1.1.5.  Actually the only thing that is similar is the rounded corners.  With tables its a piece of cake.  I have been struggling with the conversion of my layout to CSS-P so I can upgrade to 1.2.3.  I have not looked at the source but how did you get the rounded corners to work?

Peace, and TIA

Well, for the outer borders there was no other viable solution other than using tables. Of course, if I decided to use a fixed width it would work just fine with only CSS. Also, if I didn't use the shadow effect, but only a "clean" border it would work just fine as well smile

That being said, all of the inner borders are CSS and it's actually quite easy to do:

Here's the code for the nav bar:

<div class="s_container">
    <div class="left_nav_cap"></div>
        <div class="right_nav_cap"></div>
            <div class="s_nav"><pun_navlinks></div>
</div>

And here's the corresponding CSS:

.s_container{background: url('../img/style/Elegant_blue/center_nav.gif') repeat-x;}
.s_nav{font-weight:bold;font-size:small;white-space:nowrap;height:30px;}
.left_nav_cap{background: url('../img/style/Elegant_blue/left_nav_cap.gif') right no-repeat;height:30px;width:20px;white-space:nowrap;float:left;}
.right_nav_cap{background: url('../img/style/Elegant_blue/right_nav_cap.gif') left no-repeat;width:25px;height:30px;white-space:nowrap;float:right;}

(Hope you don't mind the messy code, I haven't started cleaning it up yet wink)

CodeXP wrote:

Not at all.  The site I linked you to is rather messy also.  I never got around to cleaning it up, because like 3 days after I finished it, 1.2 came out.

Doh!

buzzkill wrote:
CodeXP wrote:

Not at all.  The site I linked you to is rather messy also.  I never got around to cleaning it up, because like 3 days after I finished it, 1.2 came out.

Doh!

I have to say, I quite like your layout smile

Thanks,

Its just a modded Main.tpl to match the rest of the site layout.  Now if i can only get it to work and validate with 1.2.x  I will be happy.  I guess I will do the wrap in tables like you did. and of course clean the H-E-double hockey stick out of the code.

buzzkill wrote:

Thanks,

Its just a modded Main.tpl to match the rest of the site layout.  Now if i can only get it to work and validate with 1.2.x  I will be happy.  I guess I will do the wrap in tables like you did. and of course clean the H-E-double hockey stick out of the code.

Actually, if you're going to continue using a fixed width I'd recommend you to just use CSS. It's actually not that difficult to get working smile

CodeXP wrote:

Actually, if you're going to continue using a fixed width I'd recommend you to just use CSS. It's actually not that difficult to get working smile

Ok, I will give it a whirl...  I like a challenge.