Topic: Search option for my website

I would like to keep seach option for my site. One is html (statc) and another site is HTML+PHP+MYSQL based. I want to put search optiion for both the sites. How i have to do that? Either i have to store the keywords in the database or anyother way? Let me know.

It should display the page link and small description if someone search for the site.

Thanks.

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

Re: Search option for my website

add a google search?

Yes i tried, but its want everything to be inside my desing layout. I dont want some window popup and get the search done..

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

well searching is extremly difficult as you need some kind of index of your site

Post all of your pages on your forum, then somehow modify it so that if its a post that is also a static file, it will redirect?

Just an idea, not sure if its possible

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

its not for forum. I am asking for simple static pages site. around 40 pages at the max. all HTML.

Try this, I use it internally for my document repository: http://www.htdig.org/

Hmm...

You could combine file_get_contents with strip_tags and strpos...
You might have to add all of the files manually, but I think this combo would work

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

hcgtv wrote:

Try this, I use it internally for my document repository: http://www.htdig.org/

I am using it for internet and the site is hosted on WinNT server, they dont have linux. Is there any other way which is not related to Database. should be simple.