##
##        Mod title:  Usergroup Coloring 
##
##      Mod version:  1.0.2
##   Works on PunBB:  1.2.3,1.2.4 
##     Release date:  3-18-05 
##           Author:  Caleb Champlin (Mediator) [med_mediator@hotmail.com] 
##
##      Description:  Adds coloring to the usernames of group members. 
##
##       Affects DB:  Yes 
##
##   Affected files:  index.php 
##                    userlist.php 
##                    admin_groups.php 
##                    extern.php 
##                    viewtopic.php 
##                    include/functions.php 
##                    profile.php 
##
##            Notes:    None   
##
##     Generated By:  Auto Read-Me(by Caleb Champlin) - http://www.rscheatnet.com/Auto_Readme.zip
##
##       DISCLAIMER:  Please note that 'mods' are not officially supported by
##                    PunBB. Installation of this modification is done at your
##                    own risk. Backup your forum database and any and all
##                    applicable files before proceeding.
##

Please note this is the first version of this modification and although it should work it has not been heavily tested by myself. If you find any bugs please post them. Thanks

Download: http://www.punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=270
Mirror: http://www.rscheatnet.com/Colored_Usergroups-1.0.2.zip

I enjoy pie :)

Re: Colored Usergroups - 1.0.2

ah ha cool thx ill let you know if it works

nice work

ok i made the change but i dont see where to set the color for the user and if those color are set by default well it does not work as all the user still have the same color
and if the question was coming to your mind i flushed the forum cache before checking my website to see if the mod had worked

You can set the colors from Administration>User Groups>Edit the usergroup of choice>Bottom of the page.

However I just noticed you don't get to change the administrator color, I'll fix asap.

Also, for the colors to take effect in the whos online list, the user needs to login and logout if they already have a session.

6 (edited by Ataxy 2005-03-19 23:17)

edit ok i figured it out you can change all the user except the admin

edit could you post what you have changed to make the admin modification this way i wont have to go true it all over

7 (edited by Mediator 2005-03-19 23:48)

Upgrade from 1.0 to 1.0.1

Find in admin_groups.php

<tr>
    <th scope="row">Group color</th>
    <td>
        <input type="text" name="group_color" size="9" maxlength="7" value="<?php echo $group['g_color'] ?>" tabindex="25" />
        <span>The color that will show for users in this group in the who's online list, and in posts..</span>
    </td>
</tr>

Remove it

Then following the new readme

#
#---------[ 5. FIND (line:94) ]---------------------------------------------------
#

<tr>
    <th scope="row">User title</th>
    <td>
        <input type="text" name="user_title" size="25" maxlength="50" value="<?php echo pun_htmlspecialchars($group['g_user_title']) ?>" tabindex="2" />
        <span>This title will override any rank users in this group have attained. Leave blank to use default title or rank.</span>
    </td>
</tr>

#
#---------[ 6. AFTER, ADD ]---------------------------------------------------
#

<tr>
    <th scope="row">Group color</th>
    <td>
        <input type="text" name="group_color" size="9" maxlength="7" value="<?php echo $group['g_color'] ?>" tabindex="25" />
        <span>The color that will show for users in this group in the who's online list, and in posts..</span>
    </td>
</tr>

where is the usergroups.php file

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention. What was ment was admin_groups.php

ok cool seem to have work ill let you know if the color apply right later it supper time here

11 (edited by Ataxy 2005-03-20 00:07)

doesnt work the option are all there but ounce saved and me logingout and then reloging in the name do not change and when i go back to edit the usergroup the color box is blank
oh and i have used color code like : #0033FF

wow I came back after installing the mod and just went to test it and had the questions that were answered here smile

I like it

Ataxy, can you link me to the forums where you have installed, my guess is that you either didn't run the install_mod.php or you missed a step in the readme

14 (edited by Ataxy 2005-03-20 00:19)

yep the site is right under my name and i did run the installer for the 1.0 but running the installer for the installer 1.0.1 result in conflict as the db allready as a section named the same wich is normal

Ataxy wrote:

doesnt work the option are all there but ounce saved and me logingout and then reloging in the name do not change and when i go back to edit the usergroup the color box is blank
oh and i have used color code like : #0033FF

same thing happened to me and I ran install_mod.php

Bah, I'm very sorry I appear to be the one who missed the step. I was working on 5 mods at once which is never a good idea. 1.0.2 will be released in a moment.

thanks

I just went to my database and edited that way

nice mod by the way wink

Mediator wrote:

Bah, I'm very sorry I appear to be the one who missed the step. I was working on 5 mods at once which is never a good idea. 1.0.2 will be released in a moment.

hey no problem its totally understandable

Upgrading from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2

In admin_groups accourding to readme.txt

#
#---------[ 11. FIND (line:236) ]---------------------------------------------------
#

$db->query('INSERT INTO '.$db->prefix.'groups (g_title, g_user_title, g_read_board, g_post_replies, g_post_topics, g_edit_posts, g_delete_posts, g_delete_topics, g_set_title, g_search, g_search_users, g_edit_subjects_interval, g_post_flood, g_search_flood) VALUES(\''.$db->escape($title).'\', '.$user_title.', '.$read_board.', '.$post_replies.', '.$post_topics.', '.$edit_posts.', '.$delete_posts.', '.$delete_topics.', '.$set_title.', '.$search.', '.$search_users.', '.$edit_subjects_interval.', '.$post_flood.', '.$search_flood.')') or error('Unable to add group', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

#
#---------[ 12. REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------------
#

$db->query('INSERT INTO '.$db->prefix.'groups (g_title, g_user_title, g_read_board, g_post_replies, g_post_topics, g_edit_posts, g_delete_posts, g_delete_topics, g_set_title, g_search, g_search_users, g_edit_subjects_interval, g_post_flood, g_search_flood, g_color) VALUES(\''.$db->escape($title).'\', '.$user_title.', '.$read_board.', '.$post_replies.', '.$post_topics.', '.$edit_posts.', '.$delete_posts.', '.$delete_topics.', '.$set_title.', '.$search.', '.$search_users.', '.$edit_subjects_interval.', '.$post_flood.', '.$search_flood.', \''.$group_color.'\')') or error('Unable to add group', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

#
#---------[ 13. FIND (line:250) ]---------------------------------------------------
#

$db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'groups SET g_title=\''.$db->escape($title).'\', g_user_title='.$user_title.', g_read_board='.$read_board.', g_post_replies='.$post_replies.', g_post_topics='.$post_topics.', g_edit_posts='.$edit_posts.', g_delete_posts='.$delete_posts.', g_delete_topics='.$delete_topics.', g_set_title='.$set_title.', g_search='.$search.', g_search_users='.$search_users.', g_edit_subjects_interval='.$edit_subjects_interval.', g_post_flood='.$post_flood.', g_search_flood='.$search_flood.' WHERE g_id='.$_POST['group_id']) or error('Unable to update group', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

#
#---------[ 14. REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------------
#

$db->query('UPDATE '.$db->prefix.'groups SET g_title=\''.$db->escape($title).'\', g_user_title='.$user_title.', g_read_board='.$read_board.', g_post_replies='.$post_replies.', g_post_topics='.$post_topics.', g_edit_posts='.$edit_posts.', g_delete_posts='.$delete_posts.', g_delete_topics='.$delete_topics.', g_set_title='.$set_title.', g_search='.$search.', g_search_users='.$search_users.', g_edit_subjects_interval='.$edit_subjects_interval.', g_post_flood='.$post_flood.', g_search_flood='.$search_flood.', g_color=\''.$group_color.'\' WHERE g_id='.$_POST['group_id']) or error('Unable to update group', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

That should be it, all should work and hopefully I won't have to update again soon.

ok it does work now after reloging

works like a charm now smile

22 (edited by cows 2005-03-23 22:46)

im running punbb 1.2.4

and i get an error in the index.php

Here is the error word for word

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/infern79/public_html/forums/index.php on line 192

and it only dost work when i

#---------[ 33. FIND (line:187) ]---------------------------------------------------
#

$users[] = "\n\t\t\t\t".'<dd><a href="profile.php?id='.$pun_user_online['user_id'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_user_online['ident']).'</a>'

#
#---------[ 34. REPLACE WITH ]---------------------------------------------------
#

$users[] = "\n\t\t\t\t".'<dd><a href="profile.php?id='.$pun_user_online['user_id'].'"><span style="color: '.$pun_user_online['color'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_user_online['ident']).'</span></a>';

#

help please
Cows

My guess is that you put an extra ; or you are missing an ;. The code should look like this

while ($pun_user_online = $db->fetch_assoc($result))
    {
        if ($pun_user_online['user_id'] > 1)
            $users[] = "\n\t\t\t\t".'<dd><a href="profile.php?id='.$pun_user_online['user_id'].'"><span style="color: '.$pun_user_online['color'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($pun_user_online['ident']).'</span></a>';
        else
            ++$num_guests;
    }

alright it works but now i got one more problem....  The names are underlined in blue...  Sign up and see what i mean

www.infernocc.net/forums/index.php

Is that really that bad of a problem? I mean I guess you could change it to remove the underline, but I never really felt it was that bad.