Re: Colored Usergroups - 1.0.2

what would you do to edit it so the line is removed?

27 (edited by Paul 2005-03-25 00:21)

Interesting mod. Wouldn't it have been easier to assign a class to container tags based on a group number rather than a style to <span> e.g. <dd class=".$cur_post['g_color'].'"> and then set your styles in the stylesheet rather than set colours through the admin console. It would also be more flexible e.g. .group1 A:link {color:red; text-decoration:none; font-weight: bold;background-color:cyan}

Paul if I get what your saying you mean editing the stylesheets for punbb? If thats what you ment, how do you dynamicly change a groups colors or if you add a group how do you add the new colors? You would have to manually edit the css every time.

Or I could have competly missed what you were getting at wink

I enjoy pie :)

You can imagine to write dynamically inside the CSS ...

your group is called "yeswearethebest2"

it's not impossible to write in css .yeswearethebest2 A:link ...

Yes, you would have to edit the stylesheet manually whenever a group was added but I find it just as quick to edit and ftp stylesheets as I do to use the admin console smile. It does also allow different group colours for different stylesheets. You are right though, for a user who is not happy fiddling with css the existing method is easier.

No it doesn't allowed for different stylesheets which is a major downplay. And rewriting the mod to allow for such things isn't the easiest thing todo. I may release a version that uses your thoughts in the future.

ok i updated to 1.2.5 (WITCH IS A BIG MISTAKE BECAUSE UPDATING MODS IS A PAIN IN THE ASS) and this mod wont color the usersname on the bottom... where it lists who is online...  can someone please help me

From a quick look over the change logs there appeared to be no difference between the 1.2.4 and the 1.2.5 index files. However I didn't verify this myself, I'll double check in a bit.

cows wrote:

UPDATING MODS IS A PAIN IN THE ASS.

lol... I don't know about your problem, but for me this mod doesn't make pain in my ass big_smile

Would someone please change this mod, so it works for 1.2.5.?
Thanks smile

how to change single user color ? any mod for this?

it's just me...

Bump, I really need this fixed please!

RuDeDoGg wrote:

Bump, I really need this fixed please!

need what fixed?

the usergroup colors don't work for the user list, it works in threads though.  Take a look at my site to see an example.

http://www.actualfights.com/

Thanks!  (I really need this badly!)

The code of your userlist would be more useful than the page itself...
Oh, and the colour isn't echoed out apperently.

<td class="tcl"><?php echo '<a href="profile.php?id='.$user_data['id'].'"><span style="color:'.$user_data['g_color'].'">'.pun_htmlspecialchars($user_data['username']).'</span></a>' ?></td>     

Theres the code outputting

Make sure g_color is set

How do I make this work for 1.2.21??