Re: Private Messaging for 1.2.x

Sorry Connorhd it's all my mistake, I have wrong translate the language so it shown like that. All done.
I'm sending the new one.

77 (edited by cows 2005-03-26 16:03)

connorhd,

will you release for 1.2.4???  I have tried changing the install_mod.php but it just said

could not write to the config file

Cows

i posted this before but noone seemed to care about me lol

here is exact problem it says

Unable to insert into table config. Please check your configuration and try again. Go back.

didn't you install this mod before? if so why are you trying to run the install_mod.php file?

cause while i was updating the forums from 1.2.2 to 1.2.4 it got a little messed up so i didnt cary over the mods...

but did you start with a new database?

kinda...

i just did a full backup with your plugin,
but didnt select any of the mods like polls, messageing, uploads, ect because the database was getting messed up so i wanted to start clean..  Can you help?

Cows

well the PM mod also edit other parts of the database it was never intended to be "not backedup" you'll need to remove the 3 pm parts from your punbb config table OR remove them from the pm install file

alright il see what i can do...

If worse comes to worse where do i edit the 3 pm parts in the install_mod.php file?

Thanks!  Got it to work!

85 (edited by lament 2005-03-26 23:22)

connor what's the process for installing the PM mod on PunBB 1.2.4 if I have PunBB 1.2.2 and PM mod 1.2.1 running right now and I want to upgrade to PunBB 1.2.4

thanks!

well upgrade punbb then redo the edits on 1.2.4 or patch punbb one version at a time

however, do NOT run install_mod.php

worked great. thanks!

I'm a little bit confused... Is a fresh install of PM on PunBB 1.2.4 possible or not?

yeh but you'll need to edit the top of install_mod.php so it lets you just change the 1.2.3 bit to 1.2.4

Thank you! Works fine!

Sorry for being lame at PHP but can someone explain how to install the PMs for v1.2.4

I have just upgraded from 1.2 to 1.2.4 and have had no previous PM mods installed on my forum.

I do not understand how to change the install_mod.php to work with 1.2.4

Any advice?

open it in a text editor find the line with 1.2.3 in in and change it to 1.2.4

Is it just me, or does this screw up the XHTML?

Intead of "&" shouldn't it be "&"?
I'm getting tons of errors on the PM links.

change it then i didn't check all the XHTML neutral

95 (edited by gezz 2005-04-01 08:31)

erissiva wrote:

Is it just me, or does this screw up the XHTML?

Intead of "&" shouldn't it be "&"?
I'm getting tons of errors on the PM links.

Yeah I think I have the same problem. When I send a message and the "message has been sent" page appears it has errors in it, just thought youd like to know big_smile

-gezz

there are some style incorrectness, when there is no messages, from left of that textline, in that table, there is second vertical line, that shouldn't be there... it's got to be fixed by:

echo '<tr><td class="puncon1" colspan="'.$cols.'">'.$lang_pms['No messages'].'</td></tr>'."\n";
line 357 ... replace to
    echo '<tr><td class="tcl" colspan="'.$cols.'">'.$lang_pms['No messages'].'</td></tr>'."\n";

also to hide "delete multiple messages" where you are already in that mode , edit include/pms/footer_links.php line 14

if ($messages_exist)

replace to

if ($messages_exist && !(isset($_GET['action']) && $_GET['action'] == 'multidelete'))

97 (edited by soyuz 2005-04-07 03:43)

first of all, i want to thank you punBB for this awesome forum. I've finished migrate from phpBB to punBB 1.2.4 with no problems so far. i'm interesting in installing this mod. i already installed it and it works fine. just one thing annoyed me. in the near bottom of every pages i saw this mark: "<". Here is the screenshot:
http://www.soyuzno.com/capture.gif

so i wonder are there any mistakes that i did when installing this Private Messaging?

Thanks a lot smile

regards,

Soyuz

98 (edited by shinko_metsuo 2005-04-07 03:57)

soyuz wrote:

first of all, i want to thank you punBB for this awesome forum. I've finished migrate from phpBB to punBB 1.2.4 with no problems so far. i'm interesting in installing this mod. i already installed it and it works fine. just one thing annoyed me. in the near bottom of every pages i saw this mark: "<". Here is the screenshot:
http://www.soyuzno.com/capture.gif

so i wonder are there any mistakes that i did when installing this Private Messaging?

Thanks a lot smile

it could have been something like <<?php as a simple mistake.

I have the PM system and it works fine for me smile

look in footer.php you probably just edited it wrong wink

you have a fox for multi-delete problem ??

only one message is deleted with that .. hmm