Topic: problem with SMTP function

I just made some test in order to use SMTP to send mail and i got the following message :

An error was encountered
Error: Unable to send e-mail. Please contact the forum administrator with the following error message reported by the SMTP server: "451 See http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html. ".

I went there, but I don't understand what does it means.

Re: problem with SMTP function

just use the normal mail function then (e.g. delete smtp details)

of course, I just was testing ...

But i would to konw if there is difference in bandwith, cpu, ....

The problem is that the mail server is probably running a different operating system than the webserver. This causes problems with linebreaks. I will see if I can add an option to set which type of linebreaks to use in 1.3.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I just installed punbb 1.2.5 after I had no luck getting 1.2.4 to send out e-mails on posts and post replies.  E-mail works fine when registering a new user.  Any advice?  I've tried changing the configuration on the e-mail options with no luck.  I don't get an error message when I post.  The web server and the mail server are on the same network, so their shouldn't be any restrictions SMTP wise.  Thanks much!

If you don't get any errors, it means there must be something wrong with your mail server setup.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."