Re: Calendar 2.0

Connorhd wrote:

Gizzmo please feel free to come to the punbb irc chat room (#punbb @ irc.quakenet.org) any time, theres quite a few people there who can help you fix bugs and hopefully get things done faster smile

Incase any of you guys don't have a good IRC client, you can use PJIRC (a java based client) on my site. You can reach it here.

Get on IRC Gizzmo

so will this work completly fine on punbb1.2

yes and 1.2.1

it is bug free right???

Cause on my host i havent figured out how to back up a database

cows wrote:

it is bug free right???

Cause on my host i havent figured out how to back up a database

You could use Connorhd's Database Management Plugin To back up your database.

ok thanks ill try it now

58 (edited by dss 2005-03-05 09:16)

Nice mod.

after posting a few events in version 2.0.3 punbb 1.2.2 i get this error:

Notice: Undefined index: 31 in /home/user/public_html/path/site/calendar.php on line 53

tried deleting, and re adding events...

seems to pop up after a few events get added.

bummer...

Re reading this topic, and re examining the calendar on my board, i found that this error appears after you edit any event.

Delete the event and the error goes away.

But that makes it really hard to allow users to submit events... not knowing which one made the error means everyone's events get wiped. Or, we live with the error.

blah.

Is there another workaround or a fix?

Also: In the install_mod.php the version addition of 1.2.2 doesn't have single quotes around it, so it causes an error.

i fixed it on mine, and it installed just fine.

is:

, 1.2.2

should be:

, '1.2.2.'

just for the sake of clarity.

Naw...

It's not the editing thing at all.

it's events posted to March 31st???

*shrug*

poked about on the page and couldn't make any sense of it.

way over my head.

Mmm, let me take a look...

thats kind of an easy fix, up where it does the querys for the month, on line 51 just add another ( ,'' ) at the end of the array. that fixed it for me.

and dont forget to add another ( ,0 ) to the arrays on lines 24, 32, and 44. to fix the the error you would get if you had posts, topics and birthdays on the 31st day of the month.

k, trying now.

Fantastic!

it's posting without errors on the 31st now.

smile

thank you!!!!

Bassguy wrote:
Connorhd wrote:

Gizzmo please feel free to come to the punbb irc chat room (#punbb @ irc.quakenet.org) any time, theres quite a few people there who can help you fix bugs and hopefully get things done faster smile

Incase any of you guys don't have a good IRC client, you can use PJIRC (a java based client) on my site. You can reach it here.

Offtopic: How did you get DNS working for a .tk domain yikes

Indocron
$theQuestion = (2*b) || !(2*b);

XuMiX wrote:

BTW, SQL injection is possible in your mod.. try
http://your.host.com/path/calendar.php?month=3'

I really need this mod - but I am worried about security. Has this issue been fixed?

In the most recent version it has.

I had trouble that my Prev - Next month tabs at the top where showing URL's without the page name, i.e. http://something/forums/?action=???&month....

to fix this I replaced lines 63-67 of calendar.php with:

<a href="calendar.php?<?echo $ltype?>month=<?echo $month?>&year=<?echo $year-1;?>"><–</a>
        <a href="calendar.php?<?echo $ltype?>month=<?if($month == 1){echo '12';}else{echo $month-1;}?>&year=<?if($month == 1){echo $year-1;}else{echo$year;}?>"><—</a>
        <? echo $lang_calendar[$monthtext]." ".$year."\n" ?>
        <a href="calendar.php?<?echo $ltype?>month=<?if($month == 12){echo '1';}else{echo $month+1;}?>&year=<?if($month == 12){echo $year+1;}else{echo$year;}?>">—></a>
        <a href="calendar.php?<?echo $ltype?>month=<?echo $month?>&year=<?echo $year+1;?>">–></a>

Also, if you call any PHP code within your template, I found that while viewing events some server variables where not available that are in every other page of punbb.  I needed to change any calls to SERVER_NAME in my php scripts with $GLOBAL["SERVER_NAME"], which I probably should have done from the begining.  I didn't notice the error right away because the error text was hidden in the links code like this <a href="error: call to undifined index/forums/....">Link</a>

Hope that helps people, I think my version is now bug free using these changes and the one already posted. All functions have been tested and work as of this moment. Who know about tomorrow, but that is another day of programming.

I like this mod and I've already translated in Indonesian. Where can I give it to you Gizzmo so everyone can enjoy?

you can email me the file, ill add it to punres once i check my email
justgiz@justgizzmo.com

71 (edited by sfackler 2005-03-31 03:31)

On mine, it is showing the day as one day off.  I am in PST, and my server is at GMT, so could that have anything to do with it?

Also, when I view Posts/Topics, i get this notice:

Notice: Undefined index: 31 in /home2/toastedg/public_html/unjust/forums/calendar.php on line 35

Everything still works, as far as I can tell, though.

review post #62

73 (edited by sfackler 2005-03-31 06:27)

Worked!  Thanks a lot.

The date thing is still weird, though.  Where is the line when it decides what date it is?

its in the header.php file

Hrm... I'm trying to make it adjust to whatever timezone the user is in, but I keep getting an error...  Here is the code:

http://unjust.toastedgamers.com/forums/ … eader.phps

The error is here:

http://unjust.toastedgamers.com/forums/calendar.php

How did I screw up the mysql query?