26 (edited by Talikar 2005-02-07 01:21)

Re: Easy BBCode 1.0.1

Downloaded the newer version (I think) but it didn't work still so I still have to use my remove href thing. Except, there is one problem I've run into, if I type a really long post (that creates the post box to scroll) if I click one of the bbcodes or smileys it sends me back to the top of the posting box. Is there something in the mod_easy_bbcode.php file I need to change for it to stay where it is or go to the bottom of the post box instead?

Or is it possible to set up an anchor (that always stays at the bottom of the post box) that it sends you to after you click the bbcode? That way it would go to the bottom instead of the top, which is much better (imo) since it wouldn't make it so you have to scroll down to finish your post.

P.S. I really need to study HTML, XHTML, DHTML, PHP, etc. tongue

the new version 1.0.1 is te same :S

El Mejor Lugar de la Red - Corporación Azakur4

Whoops smile Should be fixed now.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Indeed ...

When you put # in A HREF, it scrolls up ... the best solution I use since 1998 is A HREF=javascript://

or for purists javascript:void(0)

Thanx Rickard for the modifications

It works like a charm !!! It would be cool if this mod was STANDARD on the future versions.

However it seems I have not all the smilies ...?!

Thanks for the fix Rickard, much better than what I had done. Anyway, even though it doesn't scroll you back up to the top of the main page, it still scrolls you back up to the top of the post box/quick reply box (if it's long enough to cause it to scroll) if you click on a smiley or bbcode for me.

That on the other hand, I don't think we can do anything about.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

That on the other hand, I don't think we can do anything about.

Hm, I know this is sort of a far-fetched idea, but I don't really know programming or anything so please bare with me. But how about a modification that adds a hidden to the eye piece of text (or something) at the end of the what you're posting in the msg box or quick reply box (that you can't select over/remove) that acts as an achor, and when you click on a bbcode or smiley at the end it sends you to that certain text (which would scroll you back to the bottom of the msg/quick reply box).

If it's not possible, then that's ok, still one of the best modifications, thanks for all of your hard work. smile

34 (edited by DSGamers 2005-02-12 01:18)

I have a question: How do you add smilies to the displayed list? I put some in myself, and would like to add more so everyone can use them!

Edit: When I said "put some in myself" I mean I added more smilie code, but again, how do I get them to appear?

[img]http://forums.punbb.org/img/smilies/cool.png[/img]This is me.[img]http://forums.punbb.org/img/smilies/cool.png[/img]

DSGamers: http://punbb.org/docs/faq.html#faq3_1

very good mod ^^ thx

37 (edited by DSGamers 2005-02-12 20:40)

Rickard: Thx alot!

Edit: This explains how to add more smilies manully, but when I go to the "Post Reply" page, that smilie that I added isn't displayed! Why? (Sorry if I worded my question odd)

[img]http://forums.punbb.org/img/smilies/cool.png[/img]This is me.[img]http://forums.punbb.org/img/smilies/cool.png[/img]

Help! I'm an absolute newbie and having trouble installing this. Where am I going wrong? I did as follows:

- uploaded files to plugins folder
- edited and uploaded edit.php and post.php

When I tried to enter a new post, the entire page is replaced by the forum locator, plus a box for writing the message and the following error:

Warning: main(PUN_ROOTmod_easy_bbcode.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bubbleicom/public_html/forum/post.php on line 454

does it work with 1.2.3

40 (edited by subigo 2005-03-26 05:32)

I'm trying to get them to show in the quick reply box, but the lines we are supposed to change are not found in my version. 1.2.4

edit: Nevermind. I am retarded.

FREE web hosting: www.subnixus.com

It's work for 1.2.x - 1.2.4 :-)

Ataxy wrote:

does it work with 1.2.3

I have 1.2.4 and it works for me

all I had to do extra was add strike to the BB line

Would it be too much to ask if you'd add colors?

44 (edited by Ataxy 2005-04-12 17:45)

but the bb code for color is allready in punbb

hmm he wants a color button tongue

oh!

cool, Thanks !

I added an email button into it, so that  a email like  xx@yy.co.in  can be converted to xx at yy dot co dot in .

thanks again

druvans
I think that

a email like  xx@yy.co.in  can be converted to xx at yy dot co dot in .

is not enought in present days, I am looking for somethink, that can convert text into image, because it`s nearly  impossible to extract text from the picture with standart pixel resolution (72 dpi)

the idea is:
1. input email in text mode
2. when viewing the profile - show the picture from that text
3. man who want to send a mail just type them in e-mail client (no more spam, all happy smile )

There's a mod called Spam Protect Email 1.0.0 that does something like that.  Just put the email into [email]tags.

50 (edited by Aleksei 2005-04-12 22:42)

sfackler
I saw it, but spammers may grab from html by

javascript:mail_to('ocknvq<gocknBgzcorng0eqo')

formula and then decode it

G indexes it well, sample:
http://www.google.com/search?q=javascri … 29&btn

I am far from knowing all G tweak but sure it has some search by mask when * is representing any simbol or symbols