Topic: 2 topics are linked together

While looking forum topics saw 2 topics linked together in the middle of the list ... after reload - everything is OK.
Saw this on many sites.

Re: 2 topics are linked together

Are you talking about a display problem, in which case what browser are you using?

I am using IE, but the same mistake appeared in Opera ....

I can't duplicate the error in any browser so I can't do anything to fix it. Sorry.

I understand ... it appears from time to time ... dunno what is the reason of it.

http://tehnologa.net/forums/viewforum.php?id=13

Try this, maybe U'll see the problem in 9th - 11th topics.
Actually I know many ppl who have the same problem =/ ... especially, while entering forum.

Looks fine to me. Tested in IE5, IE5.5, IE6, Firefox, Mozilla, Opera 7.54, Netscape 7. Can you get a screen capture?

8 (edited by pl0x 2005-04-20 19:10)

Sure

SCREEN capture

In the bottom ...

Thanks. Now I see what you mean. However, I've never seen that happen before and nobody else has ever reported it. Could you answer a couple of questions:-

1. What version of windows are you using
2. What speed is your connection

1. WinXP
2. ADSL (up to 1mbit/s)

This is very strange. I still can't duplicate the problem no matter how hard I try. I might expect that kind of thing with divs but this is a table. I'm trying to identify anything different about your setup to mine but so far everything is identical.

Has anybody else experienced this one?

No, never seen anything like it with punBB.

Never seen it myself either. It must be something specific to pl0x setup.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

That was my feeling.

If everybody experiences the problem then its a markup/css bug which can be tracked down and fixed. If only users of a particular browser experience the problem then its a browser bug which can be hacked around. If only a few people experience the problem then its a matter of finding out what is distinctive about those people. In this case the only distinguishing feature of pl0x and his friends is that they are Russian (I think).

I agree with Paul.
I'm Russian, but not all of my friends (but most of them) who have this problem are Russian. It happens on all CSS styles, but only in 1.2 versions. Anyway, thanks for your attempt.

PunBB is still my favourite forum smile
I think that this topic can be closed ...

iv experenced this a few times, on my forums and this forum. i think its just a comply random thing, but i havent seen it for a while. its a realy odd thing

speek of the devil

http://www.justgizzmo.com/FILES/punbb_error1.png

IE6.0.26 : Win XP home

Well I can see whats happening. One whole row of the table is going missing but any content inside the table cells which is inside some other tag is being output. Interestingly both examples given so far involve multipage topics. I don't have an answer though. It really is difficult to debug something that only happens to a few people.

I've redesigned the markup for td.tcl anyway to remove a couple of divs so maybe that will sort it out.