Re: Private Messaging for 1.2.x

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=36513#p36513

perfect thanks

Connorhd wrote:

well upgrade punbb then redo the edits on 1.2.4 or patch punbb one version at a time

however, do NOT run install_mod.php

Same procedure for upgrading to 1.2.5? And what exactly means "patch punbb one version at a time"?

run the 1.2.2-> 1.2.3 patch then the 1.2.3->1.2.4 patch etc and yeh same for 1.2.5, but i suggest you use the hdiff to upgrade manually

Hello there,

i've instaled PMS on a 12.5 punBB release but the private sent box does not work correctly. Not any message is stored in the send box when you send it...why ?

I saw this line :

// Fetch messages
$result = $db->query('SELECT * FROM '.$db->prefix.'messages WHERE owner='.$pun_user['id'].' AND status='.$box.' ORDER BY posted DESC LIMIT '.$limit) or error('Unable to fetch messages list for forum', __FILE__, __LINE__, $db->error());

and i see that only the received message are selected...why ?

Thanks for help

Denis

you have to tick save message when you send it for it to be in sentbox

Connorhd wrote:

you have to tick save message when you send it for it to be in sentbox

Thanks a lot...am i blind ?

Hi. I have just downloaded your PMS script and it works fine. But i miss one thing. Is it possible to have a list with all users so i can chose wich one i could PMS to ?  sorry for my bad english, hope u understand me

well if your not an admin then you can browse the userlist and it has PM links, but i might add the link for admins too in the next version, if not then theres a pm link next to all their posts, i don't think a user lookup is really worth it

when is there going to be a virsion for punbb 1.2.5?

just open install_mod.php and find the 1.2.3 at the top and change it to 1.2.5 and it will work

Bug: When you opt to delete multiple messages, all that gets deleted in the first one you've selected.

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=36513#p36513

Thank you.

hmm I think there is a small bug / fault..

when logged in as an admin I can't see any "pm-send-link" in the profile from the users..

logged in as a normal user there is a normal pm-send-link under the email-send-link..

could you maybe fix it? pls smile

yeh i know, although its not serious i am planning to release a new version soon

oki doki..

since i actually did some changing in the "porfile.php" i wasn't sure if this feature just wasn't implemented - or you forgot something wink

thanks! GREAT work!

Great.

One thing though, how can I remove the IP address in the sender's info area?

it only appears for admins (at least i think it does)

Hi there

There is a little problem:

In a poll:

IP: 85.204.*.*

-----------------

In a normal post:

IP: 85.204.*.*
E-mail  PM

---------------

I use PunBB v1.2.5, Easy Poll v1.1.0 and Private Message Mod v1.2.1.. with nothing else.. i mean no others mods or plugins.

Connorhd wrote:

well if your not an admin then you can browse the userlist and it has PM links, but i might add the link for admins too in the next version, if not then theres a pm link next to all their posts, i don't think a user lookup is really worth it

you can do something like Rickards Easy BB where you click the name and it adds it to the box to whom you want to PM

i see.. thx

and someone can help me to modify the PM mod in that way,  when someone get a PM to be notified via email ?

and if someone send a PM to be stored in his send box by default ?

thx again big_smile

shinko_metsuo wrote:
Connorhd wrote:

you can do something like Rickards Easy BB where you click the name and it adds it to the box to whom you want to PM

how would that work? it would have to list all names :/

hubabuba: you would have to edit view_poll.php as well or whatever it is to add the pm links

and someone can help me to modify the PM mod in that way,  when someone get a PM to be notified via email ?

whats the point in PM then why don't they just use email?

and if someone send a PM to be stored in his send box by default ?

you could edit it for the box to be checked by default like smartys said

124 (edited by hubabuba 2005-05-03 09:26)

I need this options because my users used IPB for some time..  and they need those 2 options:

1) when someone recieve a PM.. to be notified via email...
2) when someone send a PM to be stored by default in send box.. 

Can u plz me more clear where and what exactlly i should modify ?  thx smile

And after that if i could find someone to tell me how can i subscribe to a topic, a user by default, after he reply to a topic..  will be great !

I would like to remove the email link from the info about the sender of a PM. Could you tell me how I can delete that? - I need to totally remove any chances for users to email each other.