-Click "Move"
-Redirect screen comes up as normal
-Redirect link in old forum works as should
-Link from new forum works as should

I believe thats what you said, and I just tried and it worked fine for me

I enjoy pie :)

Re: Easy Poll - 1.1.3

Hm? sad

Strange though. I did a little movie here, to explain my problem in a better way (i hope).
I have mailed you the link.

The steps:
-Create New Poll
-Test vote
-Scroll to "Move Topic"
-Click "Move Topic:
-Check leave redirect
-Click "Move"
-Redirect screen comes up as normal
-Seems fine
-Testing redirect link - just white
-Change lang to swedish
-Test redirect link - works but the poll is not showing
-Testing the right link - working

// Gardell

Sounds like the redirect link is linking to the topic as "/viewtopic?=pid###" (instead of /viewpoll). I noticed that after I post on a poll topic, it will bring me back to the topic without the poll. By going to viewtopic.

black robe and swill
I believe Anita Hill
judge will rot in hell
it's the song I hate, it's the song I hate

129 (edited by shinji 2005-05-04 23:08)

Just to let you know but the instructions for installing with global announcements are wrong on steps 9 and 11.  You should be looking for these entries.  The code you mention is what is there before global announcment mod is installed.  I can get you the code for the after part because I commented out the original code so that is the only reason I was able to find what was needed.

In Step 9 it should be:

#
#---------[ 9. FIND (line:113) ]---------------------------------------------------
#

$sql = 'SELECT id, poster, subject, posted, last_post, last_post_id, last_poster, num_views, num_replies, closed, sticky, moved_to, announcement FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics WHERE forum_id='.$id.' OR announcement=\'1\' ORDER BY announcement DESC, sticky DESC, '.(($cur_forum['sort_by'] == '1') ? 'posted' : 'last_post').' DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$pun_user['disp_topics'];

In Step 11 it should be:

#
#---------[ 11. FIND (line:117) ]---------------------------------------------------
#

// With "the dot"
    switch ($db_type)
    {
        case 'mysql':
        case 'mysqli':
            $sql = 'SELECT p.poster_id AS has_posted, t.id, t.subject, t.poster, t.posted, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to, t.announcement FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p ON t.id=p.topic_id AND p.poster_id='.$pun_user['id'].' WHERE t.forum_id='.$id.' OR t.announcement=\'1\' GROUP BY t.id ORDER BY announcement DESC, sticky DESC, '.(($cur_forum['sort_by'] == '1') ? 'posted' : 'last_post').' DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$pun_user['disp_topics'];
            break;
        case 'sqlite':
            $sql = 'SELECT p.poster_id AS has_posted, t.id, t.subject, t.poster, t.posted, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to, t.announcement FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p ON t.id=p.topic_id AND p.poster_id='.$pun_user['id'].' WHERE t.id IN(SELECT id FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics WHERE forum_id='.$id.' OR announcement=\'1\' ORDER BY announcement DESC, sticky DESC, '.(($cur_forum['sort_by'] == '1') ? 'posted' : 'last_post').' DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$pun_user['disp_topics'].') GROUP BY t.id ORDER BY t.sticky DESC, t.last_post DESC';
            break;
        default:
            $sql = 'SELECT p.poster_id AS has_posted, t.id, t.subject, t.poster, t.posted, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to, t.announcement FROM '.$db->prefix.'topics AS t LEFT JOIN '.$db->prefix.'posts AS p ON t.id=p.topic_id AND p.poster_id='.$pun_user['id'].' WHERE t.forum_id='.$id.' OR t.announcement=\'1\' GROUP BY t.id, t.subject, t.poster, t.posted, t.last_post, t.last_post_id, t.last_poster, t.num_views, t.num_replies, t.closed, t.sticky, t.moved_to, t.question, t.announcement, p.poster_id ORDER BY announcement DESC, sticky DESC, '.(($cur_forum['sort_by'] == '1') ? 'posted' : 'last_post').' DESC LIMIT '.$start_from.', '.$pun_user['disp_topics'];
            break;
    }
}

I have found that there isn't a version of poll.php or moderatepoll.php for if you have attachment mod installed already.  These mods will work together just fine but you must edit the post right now to get an attachment on the post.  I am going to work on a modification of both poll.php and moderatepoll.php so that attachment mod will work seamlessly with easy poll.

shinji thanks, the readme fixes will be in 1.1.2 smile

I also found a bug where it will redirect to viewtopic.php rather than viewpoll.php when you use the Post Reply link.  This doesn't occur though if you use the Quick Post box.

Hi there

After i put a poll..  how can i work on it ? i mean to change the questions if i want..  ?

I dont see "edit poll" sad

Can anybody tell me what I have to change in order to make the mod showing posts always with the poll? I do not want the posts to be displayed without the poll.

I have got some propositions concerning this mod:
- at the end of the poll to make a sum of the votes (i.e Total: 26 votes)
- the line showing graphically the results should start at zero or almost zero; now zero rezults have about 1/2 cm line which makes the picture unclear (have a look at this poll: http://www.bulgaricus.com/forum/viewpoll.php?id=2062; there is no difference between 2 votes and 0 votes sad )
- the topic should not be diplayed without the post
- there is now use of two titles (of the post and of the poll) in viewforum.php

What do you think abou that?

have one problem, if i click on preview buton, on normal poll, the empty fields is filed by <br />.

137 (edited by bartolli 2005-05-22 21:56)

Xarkam wrote:

have one problem, if i click on preview buton, on normal poll, the empty fields is filed by <br />.

I Have The Same Problem

It will be fixed in 1.1.2

When will be 1.1.2 released?

What about my propositions?

Good and useful mod so far.

My suggestion: The ability to set duration of poll, i.e. for how long people are allowed to vote before the poll is concluded.

Just wanted to chime in that I installed this mod without a hitch and everything is running smoothly. However, timed polls will definitely have to be implemented in the near future, as some polls are very time-critical.

Thanks,

-Tim

142 (edited by bartolli 2005-05-27 10:12)

Easy Poll - 1.1.1

When i try to disallow groups from creating new polls in Admin section:
Get this msg:

Error: Unable to fetch user group list

Is the code not finished yet? And is there any way to edit pool's questions?

New version of Poll Options Plugin?

Thanks for your attention!

I have to admit that I am dissapointed by this mod sad

Users of my forum are puzzled when are oppening "new posts since last visit" which concern a poll and they do not see that poll. That is really annoying!

Taken from punres.org

Mediator wrote:

I am sorry, it will most likely be a few weeks before I can release another version of this mod. I am going through a move, and several inet problems and I just do not have the time to code right now.

How do I set that only moderators+admin can post a new poll?

Thanks

Solved. Just some if-else tweaking in viewforum.php to allow only admin to post poll.

Is this mod compatible with Mark Topics as Read (http://punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=321)? Will I need to make any additional changes, I already have MTAR installed. I think this mod makes changes to the same file.

148 (edited by Mediator 2005-06-24 02:30)

1.1.2 has been released

1.1.1 to 1.1.2 changelog

Fixed:
Announcement readme being incorrect - reported by shinji
Problem with pagnated pages in viewforum directing to the wrong file
Previewing polls worked incorrectly
When the message field was left out the error was wrong

Changed:
Almost completly rewrote poll.php to allow replying
Updated viewpoll.php to work with new poll.php

Added:
Search.php now should link to correct file
Total number of votes is now displayed in the polls

Adding:
Ability to prevent certain user groupgs from creating new polls - requested by Connorhd (POSTPONED)

Also note if there are any outstanding bugs or modifications that you think should be made, please post them now as I will try to begin development once again

This is so dumb -- the poll 1.1.2 is working great but i cant figure out how to access moderatepoll.php? is there supposed to be a link or something underneath a poll to be moderated, or in the moderator or admin menu??

At the very bottem of the page there should be stick, unstick, move etc.