Topic: size in post ?

Hi there

From where i can set the size that is allowed in post ? someone made a a very loong post..   or better,  i want  to know if pbb 1.2.5 by default have this way to show the big posts like here: http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6372

Thx

Re: size in post ?

The limit is enforced in post.php. Look for:

else if (strlen($message) > 65535)

Just decrease 65535 to whatever you want.

Text in code tags get scrollbars. I'm guessing that's what you meant when you refered to the big posts in the topic you linked to.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

yes the scrollbars smile  so there is no way to put those scrollbars to a normal big post ?

thx

Not easily.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

hubabuba wrote:

yes the scrollbars smile  so there is no way to put those scrollbars to a normal big post ?

thx

In order to do it without javascript you would have to make all posts a fixed height e.g. 400px. Posts longer than 400px could then be made to scroll. The trouble is one line posts would also be 400px high. With javascript it would be pretty ugly as the screen would have to draw itself, all the heights calculated and then adjusted.

nice smile