Topic: "Select your preferred style" order should be alphabetical

It seems the expected behavior for the styles drop down menu would be for them to be in alphabetical order, rather then the meaningless order they are in now.

I have already fixed it here:

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=43318#p43318

But I figure the change should be made in punbb itself because I think this is a better behavior.

Re: "Select your preferred style" order should be alphabetical

does it really matter?

Well, the fix would take all of several seconds to implement.

Does it matter? I think having it sorted alphabetically makes more sense then no sorting at all. When you start having a decent amount of styles, the list looks funky having no order. The usability is increased with the list being in alphabetical order.

Mine are in alphabetical order already, but I didn't do anything to make them that way.

5 (edited by badrad 2005-05-15 03:20)

I'm not sure how the current order is determined. I'm pretty sure the default styles were in order, and it didn't get whacky still I started customizing it (which involved removing all the defaults and having all my own).

So, if you haven't changed from the defaults, maybe thats why.

Or if you have changed from the defaults, there is always the chance that the random ordering it does ended up being alphabetical for you. Less styles you have, the higher that chance.

Either way, it should still be fixed smile

Yes I agree it makes it easier if the styles are in alph. order. I deleted all the default styles and used my own, but I only have 5. Still, it seems weird that they just happen to be in alph. order.

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=43375#p43375

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."