Topic: Additional menu link visibility

You all know about the additional menu links and you can place them anywhere, well there should be the ability to set it wether guest can or cant not view the link, and the same for members.

Re: Additional menu link visibility

That would be very usefull.

3 (edited by druvans 2005-05-17 18:58)

I think, functionality wise it shld be easy by modifying functions.php

Making it userfriedly would be tough.  I think, it may be feasible to add tags like [ALL],[USERS],[MODS] and [ADMIN] infront the of all links would be the easiest way I can see, so that you cldl also restrict the changes in functions.php file alone.

jst my dumbass openion !!

right now the additional menu links are put in like this "X=<a href=""></a>" X being the placement of the link.

i got an idea smile make it something like "X-Y=<a href=""></a>" X being the placement and Y being the user group number, just incase some ppl add different groups. but by default it would end up being: 1-Admin  2-Mod  3-Guest  4-Members

I was thinking  x=[admin]<a>xxx</a>

X-Y may have an issue,  as the value is used as the array index

yea, but i guess its up to rickard to deside how he does it, after he desides "IF" he does it

The problem is if you, for example, want a link to be visible for all groups except guests.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

a way to do it (although i dunno how it would fit in the line) would be to do a all-1,2,3 for all groups except admin, mod and guest, or none+1 for no one except admins

Yeah, a comma-separated list of user groups ID's is a solution. I just don't want to make the syntax too complicated. It's borderline programming as it is smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."