1 (edited by simkin 2005-01-01 19:26)

Topic: [essence ordinaire]

Hi! I realized I didn't  "show off" never my fòrum (and website), so here it is:

Essence Ordinaire :: Forum

It's catalan language, so few people will undestant the contents... however you can see the art gallery, more visial in fact.. big_smile
I'd like to thanks Rickard for the amazing work done building this little big piece of software, and also thanks to all the people from this fòrum (Chacmool, Frank H, Jansson, Paul, Gizzmo, Connorhd, zaher, etc.) for supporting punbb, making mods and so; I read all of you everyday, but my written english is too much basic... wink

Ok, greetings from Valencia, and keep on the good work! GO, punBB community!!

Re: [essence ordinaire]

Your site is very cool, and your english can't be that bad to write all that wink

Thanks, Connorhd! smile
PD: ...you do not know how long it took me writing that ... ^_^U

Very nice!

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Upgraded to PunBB 1.2 Beta smile

Wow! It looks amazing.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Rickard wrote:

Wow! It looks amazing.

what he said.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

8 (edited by simkin 2005-05-18 03:14)

Hi, friends! PunBB is getting better and better every new release, congratulations wink

I've moved to another server, and also upgraded to 1.2.5 version. I know it's not so beautifully customized as the 1.2 was, but I followed the SpinkBB link in the website, and the skin generator impressed my a lot (It's amazing!) tongue

http://www.tintaxina.net/forum/

I've a little question (I don't know if should be asked here, sorry): my website (CMS made simple) is utf-8 encoded, and when I try to insert in it the extern.php output, 8859-1 encoded, obviously some characters can not be seen correctly. Is there any (easy?) way to include the last forum topics inside an utf-8 encoded webpage?

Well, thanks for everything, and keep up the good work.
GPL or not, this is the very best forum software ever seen in the net! big_smile

Edit: after one year I've reached the 500 topics required for being listed on Pubbig! Finally! My forum will be the first one listed in catalan language... urgh, snif,...  I'm very happy... T_T

you can convertISO-8859-1 to utf-8 with http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/function.utf8-encode.php

Connorhd wrote:

you can convertISO-8859-1 to utf-8 with http://uk2.php.net/manual/en/function.utf8-encode.php

Thanks a lot, Connorhd! It's working very fine smile

btw the style looks amazing i love the image at the top, although, in firefox at least only the bottom half of the hyperlinks are working (i'm guessing the image is overlapping them)

Yes, you're right. That's because that image floating at the top, was being displayed ok making a normal float in firefox, but iexplorer was displaying it inside the tables (only showing half of the image), and I had to add the "position" attribute to the float in order to force iexplorer to do a "real float" (be the first visual layer). But adding that attribute resulted in an overlapping of the links, and now I'm trying to get an equilibrium between the float (more beautiful) and the links functionality tongue

Thanks for taking a look at the site, Connorhd wink

links work perfectly in IE and FF

<td width="730" style="background-image: url(../images/template/template_18.gif); width:730px; height:132px; padding: 0px; margin: 0px;" valign="top" bgcolor="E28A00"><div style="float:left;position:absolute;background: url(../images/template/template_17.gif); height: 192px; width: 730px;"> </div></td>

i also changed the 136 to 132 to make it overlap a bit more (i think its what you want to do)

joli site Simkin smile

Once again, a nice job simkin smile