Topic: money/points when making a post

i know you get post counts when u post, but i was woundering, could someone make a mod so people get points/money when they post?
i have seen the mod on phpbb, but i would like it on punbb.
thank you.

Re: money/points when making a post

yeah I would not mind seeing something like a karma system on my forum.

This could be done very easily, if you give me a little more information, I will do it for you.
-How much money points to give?
-Hiscores?
So on.. please be as descriptive as possible.

heres a better description http://punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=366 and the points given should be as an option, e.g. could be 5 for new topic and 1 for reply or something

shinko_metsuo wrote:

yeah I would not mind seeing something like a karma system on my forum.

Yes. Perhaps something similar to the Karma system at the forums at freeipodguide.com ( http://forums.freeipodguide.com ).

There, you can give/take karma from someone by clicking on the + / - under their avatar. You can only do this every couple of hours (maybe once daily?), and you can't do it to yourself.

It'd just be a little extra thing for people to play with. Ability to be abused, sure. But it's really meaningless in the scheme of things.

black robe and swill
I believe Anita Hill
judge will rot in hell
it's the song I hate, it's the song I hate

thats different to a point/cash system

Yes it is. Just wanted to throw the idea out there. Sheesh tongue

black robe and swill
I believe Anita Hill
judge will rot in hell

I was thinking of like a GameFAQs Karma system and call it Aura.

How does it work there shinko? I'm pretty sure we're on the same wavelength....

black robe and swill
I believe Anita Hill
judge will rot in hell

mantasman wrote:

hi, could anyone make "money" mod for punBB 1.2.5?
this mod should do something like:
1. then user post, he get some points/EUR/USD for it. e.g. 0.1 per word + 5 per post.
2. user could give these points to another user.
3. I (admin) could minus some points
or just something like(only main features need, no loteries etc.: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=94055

sorry for bad english

This could be extremelly fun, maybe I would be able to do something like this, I'll see what I can do..

Zeke wrote:

Yes it is. Just wanted to throw the idea out there. Sheesh tongue

lol, i actually think its a good idea, very similar to the first mod i made (rating mod for 1.1.5) just not sure if you realised this was a different request wink

Zeke wrote:

How does it work there shinko? I'm pretty sure we're on the same wavelength....

They have a Karma system if you are good they give you Karma if you are bad they take away. Karma also goes up on visits and post. IDK if they have it now I have not been in like for ever

That is a great idea. I would like to see something like this on PunBB.

ultime wrote:
mantasman wrote:

hi, could anyone make "money" mod for punBB 1.2.5?
this mod should do something like:
1. then user post, he get some points/EUR/USD for it. e.g. 0.1 per word + 5 per post.
2. user could give these points to another user.
3. I (admin) could minus some points
or just something like(only main features need, no loteries etc.: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=94055

sorry for bad english

This could be extremelly fun, maybe I would be able to do something like this, I'll see what I can do..

Would you be interested in working on this together?

15 (edited by MathsIsFun 2005-06-03 12:41)

There are some really good ideas here. It would we great to bring them together into one neat mod ... It could certainly add some fun and encourage good posts.

I think calling it money is a bad idea, though, as some people could get the wrong idea.

I like the idea of admin/mods able to give/take points, and I also like the idea of other users able to do this to a limited degree. It could also be set to reward longer posts and penalise short posts, thus avoiding wasteful "yeah" posts.

I would like to help, but my punbb knowledge is not great.

If you awarded points per word (very good idea), you need to make sure the system doesn't award users for quoted posts.

You can have a cut off limit if it's shorter than such and such words then you will get only so many points if it's longer than such and such words then you get even more points. Also have it where admins and mods can award/take away points for what ever reason. I'm not sure if this part is possable but have it where you can take so many points to a store and buy extra post on your post count or sig/avatar images. A cool name (one that I use before I went to punbb) is Aura.

You mean at cash4posts.com?

I don't HAVE a signature, ok?

vBulletin has a addon for this that is used over at  NexusPortal. Currency is weebatix (hey- they're from australia). Generally is as mentioned- you get certain number of credits for new topics, slightly less for replies. But has some cool things to make it useful:
- Store: to spend your credits of course. They have setup to where you can buy extra hosting things (disk space, bandwidth, databases, etc.). They even have a lottery where you buy tickets and random draws gives them out to the winnder.
- Select forums to participate. More important- forums not to participate. For a while, General Discussion was blocked to prevent worthless threads (original concept was to reward those who help others).

Word count might be a good idea, they used to get a lot of replies like "yeah", "ok", "cool", etc...

Every Day Above Ground Is A Good One!!

anyone any news about this?
i am still wanting it sad

Yeah I'd really like to see a cash or point mod for punBB.
That'd be great.
And a referral mod would be good too. big_smile

Ya...I also want this Mod...I have seen this in IPB
They Give 5 $ for each post.. 10 $ for a Poll and 15 $ for each new Topic
They also Provide Interest of 3 % Daily...and They charge 2 % on the Amount you Withdraw!

I start thinking from where you stop thinking!!!

I'd like to see a sort of Karma system, slightly different form the money thing.  I don't think that waiting around will help.  I'll just have to do it myself. big_smile

Check out this http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8319

I start thinking from where you stop thinking!!!

This mod would be great