Topic: Can we remove Scroll bars in the browser

I would like to design a page which doesnt have scroll bars.

I am using ifremes inside the main page, so i dont want the default browser scroll bars in the main window.

can anyone have idea? Please help me out

God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

2 (edited by an.archi 2005-06-08 08:36)

Re: Can we remove Scroll bars in the browser

RTFM
Anyway, try to not to use iframe, that would be better.

We can talk about this if you don't know why. smile

an.archi i don't think we're really gonna tolerate that kind of behaviour here, its just rude

and anyway i have no idea what you are suggesting he should do from that post...

an.archi wrote:

RTFM
Anyway, try to not to use iframe, that would be better.

We can talk about this if you don't know why. smile

I couldnt get you....

By the way thanks for your response... I got the script! and its working fine.

For those who wanna use, here is the sample code(only for IE)

<html>
<head>
<script language="javascript">
function noScroll(){
    document.body.scroll="no";
}
</script>
</head>
<body onload=javascript:noScroll();>
Content..
</body>
</html>
God wisely designed the human body so that we can neither pat our own backs nor kick ourselves too easily

Connorhd > wow... Keep cool. Please smile
I guess it would have been rude if i had not had any URL, by searching the answer to what i thought was the question.
'guess it was not the question.
Anyway, i guess it only concerns IE, for the scrollbars, so well found, ameenullah. smile
Wrong horse for me this time. smile

Ho, by the way, I think moderator's role is not censuring, but that's just a point of view.
Let people assume their asshole's fame, if they deserve it. If you censor them, they will never be.
As you can see, rudeness is most in the eye of the reader, since ameenullah didn't take it wrong (i think, and i hope).

Sometimes, it just can be some kind of joke.
Don't take it wrong...
Thanks ! smile

well actually you edited your post as i was posting before you just had RTFM with a link to a site that i certain couldn't see how to remove scrollbars on the page from, and i didn't censor you i warned you. Infact if i wasn't a moderator i would have probably said the same thing...

also it obviously wasn't a joke, jokes are funny

7 (edited by an.archi 2005-06-08 10:49)

Connorhd > Breathe.
I didn't had the link, but the two sentences underneath, because i thought that effectively, leaving just a RTFM with a simple link could be rude, which was not the point.

Hey... Just read the posts, you'll get the answer to what you don't want to see : I made a mistake.

If you weren't a moderator, i guess you wouldn't have used such terms as "tolerate".

You warned me, yes... I saw. smile
But then, what's next step ?
I guess it would be better to know why before warning, and trying to know intentions of people.
We are not machines, we are not perfect : we make mistakes sometimes.

So, Sorry.

its not about you making a mistake its about you writing RTFM linking to a site that the general web audience won't have a clue about, and when i posted you did just have the link since you must have been editing while i posted, the next step is in future you post nice helpful posts tongue

BUT...

Ho... OK... stop those off topic posts. smile

I'll do my best... smile
(more after june, i guess)

Cool Guys!!

An.archi... I really couldnt understand RTFM... And I dont want to create bad scene here, we are here to support each others and share the things we know.

Sorry to say, but i really dont like the way it was answered by you...

11 (edited by an.archi 2005-06-08 12:54)

ameenullah wrote:

An.archi... I really couldnt understand RTFM... And I dont want to create bad scene here, we are here to support each others and share the things we know.

Well, hum...
RTFM = Read the fuckin' manual, and i obviously didn't point the right thing with this URL.
That was meant to be a little sarcastic, and well... a lil' stupid too, maybe, but that wasn't written to hurt anyone.
It's quite a common expression, now, i guess, so...
Maybe am i wrong about that too.

And helping each other is my point of view too.
Sometimes i'm not patient enough, though.

ameenullah wrote:

Sorry to say, but i really dont like the way it was answered by you...

Well. So.
I apologize for having offended you.
I'll try to stay "sober" in my posts, next time, i guess.

After all that, i'm gonna hang myself to the nearest tree... smile
So long guys...

(anyway, you shouldn't use frames... wink )

It should have been PTRFM (Please read the fucking manual).

actually it should have been PRTFM tongue

One step forward in my geekiness...
+P

Connorhd > Could be Pleased to read the fuckin' manual, hu ? smile

hmmm now it has become 1RTFM=3PRTFM smile

Hey does this work for Firefox /Mozilla /Netscape. It doesn't need javascript to remove it from IE. I am guessing because your using javascript to remove the scrollbars. It must be what removes it also from Mozilla etc, but in a universal way.

If that works, then thanx to whoever. I wouldn't mind, not having to rely on javascript though, like you don't when removing it for IE viewing.

by default in IE you can find a Scroll bar(even though there is no Scroller inside) to remove that and make the screen cear, you can use it.

In Mozilla, there wont be any scroll bar initially, when u have more content than the screen size, then you ll get it.