26 (edited by deusiah 2005-06-16 13:44)

Re: Logicfury (Lightweight CMS) and PunBB

Like I said, it came down to one thing PunBB's lack of PM system.

A PM system could be supported in such a way that it has no impact in the forums speed and could be disabled by those who don't want it. All 0.1% of you tongue Anyway that's another topic, one that has been discussed and will continue to be discussed here. I'm just explaining why it's not the default forum.

However, I like PunBB PM system or no PM system and will continue to support it with my CMS.

Cool smile

Moving this to the integration forum.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

28 (edited by deusiah 2005-06-16 14:14)

Ohh sorry, I didn't realise there was such a thing lol.

Sorry I don't have an example of Logicfury and PunBB working together, You can imagine what it would look like though, exactly the same as it does now but clicking on forums would take you to a punBB instead wink

When you started the topic, there was no integration forum, so there's no need for you to apologize smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

deusiah wrote:

...an example of Logicfury and PunBB working together, You can imagine what it would look like though, exactly the same as it does now but clicking on forums would take you to a punBB instead wink

Can I ask if you're going to really implement PunBB? It looks like THE cms most of us where waiting... big_smile

31 (edited by deusiah 2005-06-16 15:26)

OK Rickard smile

Yeah the forum is already implmented, I just have to convert a few things that are phpBB specific at the moment. If there's enough demand for this I'll put it at the top of my todo list as at the moment I'm concentrating on other things like a survey module.

Glad you like though big_smile.

I don't suppose anyone is interested in making a punBB sytle skin for it? I guess I could do it but I really should be working on the code not playing with themes tongue.

If anyone want's a go with it just ask and I'll send you a copy.

I have tested numerous CMS and I hate most of them.  Almost all of them seem to fail is one aspect or another.  Either too bloated, too slow, too complicated, too ugly, etc...

One I can recommend, although its not perfect... its seems to be moving in the right direction is Website Baker.

Screenshots can be found here.

https://sourceforge.net/project/screens … _id=103177

Project Home Page is at

http://www.websitebaker.org/

If its cheaper to run Windows than it is to run Linux, how come Microsoft has all the money?

It seems pretty nice only it looks a little like one of those CMS's that hold your hand so to speak. Prefer something that assumes a user knows what a website is tongue

deusiah, I like a lot LF and probably will use it once the the integration is completed (and there is a public release, of course).
I'll be pleased to contribute with themes/styles and translation(s); at the moment I'm very busy, but in a couple of weeks I'll post something in your forums. Thanks for your beautiful work! smile

That sounds great, thanks for your offer of help smile

As for translations I have just realised that I havn't included multiple language support, that's going to be a pain to add sad

Holy crap! This project isn't dead!

lol Bwongar it was never dead just quiet tongue

deusiah wrote:

As for translations I have just realised that I havn't included multiple language support, that's going to be a pain to add sad

Been there, done that big_smile

PM system is somewhere in the punBB addons site smile

+ from few weeks there is my CMS - RkCMF which uses punBB | "example" site | get it |

My site [PHP, Python, Linux]

deusiah - Great looking system!

The PM mod for punBB is here - http://punres.org/viewtopic.php?id=214
Works like a charm. wink

Hope you get the kinks worked out and can get punBB hooked onto the sytem. Good luck!

PLEASE get punbb integrated. this is EXACTLY what i was looking for.

~James
FluxBB - Less is more

Don't worry, PunBB support will be included in the 0.5 Public release. In fact I'm going to be working on the punBB support today.

Your quite right there is a mod for PM support in punBB, I have known about it for sometime, however if I was to make punBB the default I wouldn't be very fair to require everyone to install that mod just to use PM's.

OK I'm working on the punBB side of things now, just porting a few blocks and that however I have come across something confusing. I can't fnid a variable for private forums. Ones with permissions for certain groups like admins.

Does punBB not support forum permissions?

Thanks,
Deus

deusiah wrote:

OK I'm working on the punBB side of things now, just porting a few blocks and that however I have come across something confusing. I can't fnid a variable for private forums. Ones with permissions for certain groups like admins.

Does punBB not support forum permissions?

Thanks,
Deus

Yes, it does. Like with my forum right now (http://bb.zanthria.com), it only shows half of the forums until you log in. So, the group "Guests" doesn't have the "View" permission for the forums that don't appear.

45 (edited by deusiah 2005-06-19 08:50)

Hmm ok, can someone enlighten me as to how you set this up in the admin pane or better still where this info is stored in the db. Since the bug reports have stopped coming in (there were not too many anyway) I have had time to work on supporting punBB. Everything is done now and I shall be writing some inscructions for using LogicFury with punBB today. I think LogicFury's pretty close to the 0.5 release but I'll wait a bit longer. I will be releasing a pre-release with punBB support though and it would be really great if someone could test it.

As I'm sure Rickard knows things always work great on your own machine, it's not till others come to try them that you find you have a few bugs to fix tongue

By the way if you want a good example of what this CMS is capable of look at http://lostheaven.co.uk.

I think it would be BETTER to create a CMS from PunBB and not bridge another soft. The advantage ? The management of users + comments ... but it's another story.

47 (edited by deusiah 2005-06-19 13:26)

The disadvantage? Tying users down to one forum software. LogicFury can currently interface with phpBB or punBB, the advatage? A bigger userbase resulting in more modifications and a better system.

LogicFury is stand alone software, it will in time come with it's own forums and gallery but will always give users the choice to use what they wish. If you had looked into this more you would see that I am not creating a CMS for punBB but simply one created that can interface with punBB for those that wish to use both.

Of course no one is stopping you from creating your own portal from phpBB roll.

Rod wrote:

I think it would be BETTER to create a CMS from PunBB and not bridge another soft. The advantage ? The management of users + comments ... but it's another story.

i have kind of started the CMS i planned ages ago but i'm just too busy with exams and numerous other punbb projects (mypunbb especially) atm to get it finished

Yes I know I saw the topic.

What a pity Connorhd.

A CMS would be interesting with the NEWS plug In of Rickard : possibility to create categories (for example, for me : clubbing, cinema, theatre, concerts ...) and the possibility to add a picture (in a sort of all in one folder ?)