Re: PunBB 1.2.5

thanks...  I hate to lose my own mods (faq and forum subscription)... I guess I'll just have to re-write them...  some day.

Find what you want...  Where you want it... www.truelocal.com

1.2.5 includes topic subscription.

I've also been a very bad forum admin.  The version I'm running is 1.1.5 -- is there any trick or potential problem to upgrading to 1.2.5?  Or do you think it should go smoothly if I simply follow the directions that come with 1.2.5 for upgrading?

Use the same instructions I gave to Cailean

Thanks.  I just read your post again and it makes sense now -- didn't pay enough attention the first time I read it.  What you say to do seems obvious now.

Download PunBB 1.2 and copy over all your files with those
Get the 11_to_12_update.php script and run it
Download PunBB 1.2.5, overwrite the files, and run the update script in the extras folder there

Any word on a potential 1.2.6 coming out soon?

I would think so, I know of a bunch of outstanding "issues" that while they aren't on the level of giving anyone admin access they do give moderators a bit too much power (along with a whole lot of undefined index possibilities I was bored enough to find tongue )

Smartys wrote:

OK, here's what you should do (note that if you have any mods they'll be lost, although I'm sure some can be brought back, since we're not deleting the database)
Download PunBB 1.2 and copy over all your files with those
Get the 11_to_12_update.php script and run it
Download PunBB 1.2.5, overwrite the files, and run the update script in the extras folder there

Just so I'm clear...

Do I upload ALL of 1.2 to my server... or just the UPLOAD folder...

If ALL, I run the update by browsing to:  www.yoursite.com/forum/extras/11_to_12_update.php

If I only upload the UPLOAD folder, I also upload the update file to main forum folder and then run it?

Same questions for the 1.2 -> 1.2.5 upgrade, I guess...

Just the upload folder, and yes, upload the update/upgrade file to the main folder

cool, thanks...

scottywz wrote:

Hmm, at first I thought you meant that a feature similar to my 'forum subscription' mod had been included in 1.2.5.  If it has, I can't find it.  Forum Subscription (different from topic subscription) allowed a user to be notified when new topics were started in the forum(s) they were subscribed to.  Topic only allows notification of replies...

The reason I use this is that my forum has limited memebership and many simply forget to check the forum.  This way they are notified when.  I also have many users who refuse to use the forum and still rely on our old mailing list system.  For them, I simply created a user with the list's email address and subscribed to all forums.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to dig into the code again...  it's been so long!

Cailean wrote:
scottywz wrote:

Hmm, at first I thought you meant that a feature similar to my 'forum subscription' mod had been included in 1.2.5.  If it has, I can't find it.  Forum Subscription (different from topic subscription) allowed a user to be notified when new topics were started in the forum(s) they were subscribed to.  Topic only allows notification of replies...

The reason I use this is that my forum has limited memebership and many simply forget to check the forum.  This way they are notified when.  I also have many users who refuse to use the forum and still rely on our old mailing list system.  For them, I simply created a user with the list's email address and subscribed to all forums.

Anyway, I guess I'll have to dig into the code again...  it's been so long!

definitly this would be a truly good idea

/me points to the rss feeds tongue (i know, i know, most people don't want to/know how use them...)

64 (edited by Cailean 2005-07-04 02:55)

K, guys... big problem.  I upgrade and thought I had no problems but viewtopic.php is messed up...   it spits a bunch of binary garbage at the toip and then throws a bunch of error strings saying "undefined variable: lang_topic"

Any ideas?

EDIT:  nevermind, found the problem...  the topic.php file in the lang/English folder got corrupted somehow -- on the upload I guess...

65 (edited by Ataxy 2005-07-04 09:42)

ok finnaly decided to make the upgrade from my 1.2.4 forum to the 1.2.5 code all went fine the only bug i get is the following one

on top of each post i ge the following error message:

Notice: Undefined index: g_color in /home/vhost/d-vault.peerforces.com/html/forum/viewtopic.php on line 222

here is the line in the viewtopic.php file:

$username = '<a href="profile.php?id=' . $cur_post['poster_id'] . '"><span style="color:'.$cur_post['g_color'].'">' . pun_htmlspecialchars($cur_post['username']) . '</span></a>';

i also forgot to say that yes i did the two bug fix to viewtopic and parser

thats from the coloured usergroups mod isn't it? just work through the mod again?

Connorhd wrote:

thats from the coloured usergroups mod isn't it? just work through the mod again?

ahhhh yes you are right ill see what it was that i changed thx

thx for the cue that fixed it