Re: PunBB 1.2.6

hcgtv wrote:

Rickard, I can't figure out the dates some of them were released. When you moved to Textdrive, all of the old release zips have similar dates. If we can fill in the dates, I'll add them to the wiki page.

Check the dates when the release topics were posted in this forum. It should cover most of them.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

does this update fix the posts unmarked as read problem? or is there something else i have to do to fix it. thankfully i didnt mess anything up in the upgrade!

kiz: The posts unmarked as read problem?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Yay! Nice with a new version.

Rickard wrote:

kiz: The posts unmarked as read problem?

He may want to speak about the way punbb works to marke topic as read. It's not a bug. Just the way punbb works. If needed, a mod exists.

Ludo,

Rickard wrote:

Check the dates when the release topics were posted in this forum. It should cover most of them.

I filled in from 1.0 on, I don't know any of the rc or beta dates: http://nupusi.net/punbb:history

hcgtv wrote:

I filled in from 1.0 on, I don't know any of the rc or beta dates: http://nupusi.net/punbb:history

Nice! Here are the rest of the dates:

1.0 beta 1: 2002-07-04
1.0 beta 1a: 2002-07-05
1.0 beta 2: 2002-10-13
1.0 beta 3: 2003-01-03
1.0 rc1: 2003-03-10
1.0 rc2: 2003-04-08

Rickard wrote:

Nice! Here are the rest of the dates.

Done, when I get a chance I could make an html file that could accompany the docs if you'd like.

I wonder if it's of any real interest to the average user. Something I feel PunBB is lacking is a complete feature list though. Features may not be PunBB's biggest strenght, but still.

35 (edited by hcgtv 2005-07-10 05:12)

Rickard wrote:

Something I feel PunBB is lacking is a complete feature list though.

I'll look at a feature list from a comparable forum app and come up with something.

There'd be 2 lists, from a user and admin perspective I would think.

Update: I was thinking of a Beginner's Guide, we touched on this while working on 1.2. You could make it a menu option, similar to how the rules work.

Rickard wrote:

Features may not be PunBB's biggest strenght

Who cares?
The biggest strength of PunBB in my opinion is that you can add any feature that you like in an hour.
That's the magic of clean code, not the phpBB-help-I-got-lost-featuremania.

Back to the topic:
I think a feature list would also greatly help potential mod developers to see if their issue isn't already covered somehow smile

Second: The biggest part of the work I had when I switched to punBB was to find out if it fulfills at least the basic requirements and I think it would help spreading the word a good deal if everybody knew what PunBB can do.

The German PunBB Site:
PunBB-forum.de

Flawless update on my two forums.

38 (edited by D9r 2005-07-11 02:56)

I'm pleased to announce the release of PunBB 1.2.6.

Yeah!  smile  I've been looking forward to this.  I think now I'll go ahead and upgrade from 1.1.5, as well as install one or two new forums that have been in the works for several months.  I really have been looking forward to the 1.2.6 upgrade.  Thanks very much.

Thanks for the update. I've been waiting for this. smile

Hmmm.

hcgtv wrote:
Rickard wrote:

Something I feel PunBB is lacking is a complete feature list though.

I'll look at a feature list from a comparable forum app and come up with something.

I was looking at my review of PunBB: http://hcgtv.com/item/429

Something like this, small and sweet or a little bit more detailed?

41 (edited by worldofglenn 2005-07-13 04:05)

I just upgraded to 1.2.6 and it went flawless.  I have the attachment mod and the calendar mod and they are still there and working!

Woo hoo. 

Thanks for all the hard work Rickard!

glenn

www.worldofglenn.com/forum

wait, I may have spoken too soon.  Frontpage did give me the following error:

http://worldofglenn.com/images/upgrade_error.JPG

but nothing seemed to be affected in a negative way and the upgrade script ran fine and it reports 1.2.6 verion.  So, no complaints here.

"There is no valid language pack '' installed. Please reinstall a language of that name."

I get this error, and when I put back the un-edited files I still get lots of errors. sad

you get that error with clean unedited 1.2.6 files?

Yes, it seems so. Don't understand why.
But why doesn't it work when I put back my old files either?

try deleting the cache files?

46 (edited by Endre 2005-07-13 09:41)

Edit:

I deleted the cache, and ran the maintenance-script in the extras-folder, so now I'm logged in as admin and able to search for the solution on my own.
Thanks for the help, I hope I get it working myself now.

Is it possible to know how to fix the 2 serious vulnerabilities? Iam in a situation where uppgrading from 1.2.5 isnt possible.

I probably registered before you, sucker!

Man, I hoped this day wouldn't come... ><

I have a plethora of mods installed (as you can see for yourself) and don't even know how to start on this..

I'm backing up my databases as we speak (since when I slacked during the 1.2.4-1.2.5 update, my forums got 'sploited and deleted) so that this doesn't happen again.

So, from what I can gather, I'm installing a fresh copy of 1.2.6, installing the mods, and pointing to the old db?

Thanks,

-Tim

that should work fine, but make backups wink

x1zt wrote:

Is it possible to know how to fix the 2 serious vulnerabilities? Iam in a situation where uppgrading from 1.2.5 isnt possible.

Are you running your webserver with register_globals on or off? If they're off, you can pretty much relax. I'd still apply the following changes though: [208], [214] and [211].