Topic: SCTech

http://sctech.dcdstudios.net

Check the forums link on the right side.

big_smile

We are still working on little things, though.

2 (edited by Nephets 2005-08-10 07:23)

Re: SCTech

Just a bump, since we really changed some little things since I last posted this topic.  Any suggestions at all?  We recently made it so guests can posts... so... guests, feel free! tongue

Quite nice! Good job!

On the index page, the right menu is on the bottom of the page (I browsed your site with IE).

Why this blue color appears in the forum style? It does not suit the index page and the header (in my opinion).

Amazing style I love it!

Nephets,

Nice styling on the site, there is a plugin that feeds over what you post on Nucleus so that users can comment on the forum. Sure beats having to keep track of comments on the blog and forum.

6 (edited by Nephets 2005-08-10 21:52)

Thanks for all the compliments!  We added the website to forum plugin, so people are able to comment through the forums and not just through the website itself.

Edward: blue is one of our alternative colors.  We're working on a random header rotation of banners, of say, about 7, and blue will be included on one.  We have three main colors in black, grey, and white, and one alternative in that dark blue.

Nephets,

There's two arrows in the Newest Posts section:

<div class="sidebar">
<dl class="sidebardl">
<dt>Newest Posts</dt>
<dd><li><a href="index.php?itemid=23">SCTech Episode 8</a> (by Nephets) </li>
<li><a href="index.php?itemid=22">SCTech Episode 7</a> (by Nephets) </li>
<li><a href="index.php?itemid=21">SCTech "Social" Episode 1</a> (by Nephets) </li>
<li><a href="index.php?itemid=20">SCTech Episode 6</a> (by Nephets) </li>
</dd>
</dl>
</div>

That's cause the <dd> and <li> both have background: url(images/arrow.gif) left center no-repeat; in the CSS.

Yes, we like it that way. tongue

hcgtv wrote:

Nephets,

There's two arrows in the Newest Posts section:

<div class="sidebar">
<dl class="sidebardl">
<dt>Newest Posts</dt>
<dd><li><a href="index.php?itemid=23">SCTech Episode 8</a> (by Nephets) </li>
<li><a href="index.php?itemid=22">SCTech Episode 7</a> (by Nephets) </li>
<li><a href="index.php?itemid=21">SCTech "Social" Episode 1</a> (by Nephets) </li>
<li><a href="index.php?itemid=20">SCTech Episode 6</a> (by Nephets) </li>
</dd>
</dl>
</div>

That's cause the <dd> and <li> both have background: url(images/arrow.gif) left center no-repeat; in the CSS.

this code is not correct smile
there is no UL tag ... when you use DL DT DD, you don't need to put LI inside ...

As Edward said, its still broken in IE6.

Yeah, well... IE and CSS are no good together. tongue

Considering we dunno how to fix that for IE users... I dunno what we can do.