Topic: resending verification email?

One of my users deleted the verification email by accident.
How can I resend it, or manually verify her account so that she can start posting?

Also, is there a time-out for the waiting verifications so that she can re-register afterwards perhaps (so that the un-verified registration does not block a new registration with the saeme email-address) ?

Re: resending verification email?

I think that you should search in the data base (in "users"). But maybe there is an easier way..

.._ -Pandark- _..
Serial Dreamer

That didn't really help at all..  any other suggestions?
Surely this is not the first time this has happened?

4 (edited by Arvid 2005-08-20 15:18)

Just tell your user to press "forgot you password?" on the login-screen and enter his e-mail adress and a new password will be sent

Or if that don't work.. Click the users name and then choose "Administration", there you can assign user to the usergroup you want him in from a dropdown menu. Then choose the first option in the usersmenu ("Essentials"), there change his/her password and manually mail the new password to the user.

ok, thanks I'll try that smile

I frequently get these mails from my members "I didn't get a mail when I signed in". Usually because it goes to their junk-mail folder I assume.
It would be really nice if there was an option for admins to "resend verification email" or "reset new random password" automatically.

Am I the only one with users who don't get their password emails?

7 (edited by Speechless 2005-10-04 02:55)

nope, lots of: If u are using:

Gmail: 90% it would show up in in box
Hotmail: Impossible if you set junk mail high, Nearly Imposible if you set it at medium, 20% if it is set on low, 90% if it is set to nothing
Yahoo: Junk Mail On: Impossible, Off, 90%
AOL: depends on secerity

My advise is that you should either just let them type in the password at the beginning to prevent you from going to all this mess or open up a page saying to check the junk mail just incase.

Go Canada! - No matter what, except when Stephen Harper is Prime Minster!
NHL is back, GO TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS! even if they lose...
[Firefox Rules!] - [Amazing Race] - [My Site!]