Topic: Posts appearing multiple times (at THESE FORUMS)

For some reason, my posts are appearing multiple times all of a sudden. They did not just a few hours ago.
For example:
http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=8544
http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=50391

On the latter thread, the "something went crazy" I mentioned was referring to the fact that I saw duplicate posts - which I deleted. However, both posts were deleted, not just the duplicate.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

Re: Posts appearing multiple times (at THESE FORUMS)

Never mind - after 5 minutes or so of duplicate posts, things are back to normal. Wierd.
Someone can delete this thread now.

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

I'm to blame for that. I'm sorry. For some reason, you appeared twice in the online list and this caused your posts to be displayed twice (a side-effect of the online list bug). I think I know what is causing the problem and I will investigate.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

OK - thanks for looking in to it.

Yea i have noticed that afew times on my forums too, and although not vital - it can be annoying tongue

Thing is, it shouldn't happen smile

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

Lol yea, i had ignored it and put the blame on something i had messed up when editing stuff, or a mod i had installed - but if its happening here i guess it's a proper bug

Reines wrote:

Yea i have noticed that afew times on my forums too, and although not vital - it can be annoying tongue

Sorry, but I've gotta disagree - users could find this very frustrating if they end up doing what I did - deleting the duplicate(s), only to find that both the duplicate(s) and the original are gone!

pogenwurst wrote:
Reines wrote:

Sorry, but I've gotta disagree - users could find this very frustrating if they end up doing what I did - deleting the duplicate(s), only to find that both the duplicate(s) and the original are gone!

I agree. It will be dealt with.

Actually, it wasn't a duplicate. It was the same post displayed more than once smile