Re: it says i registered "today"

is it off 24 hours on new messages after you've rechecked both "Admin-Options-Server Timezone" and "Profile-Timezone"?
or is this on old messages already in the database?

but you have obv. done something, I don't know what, or where, as in the start of the thread you said it was 5 hours off, and now it's 24 hours off?

To be able to hunt down a bug one needs as much information as possible, so one can duplicate the thing that has happened, so I also say: please post the results here. smile

problem: server time correct, user tiem correct, its off 24 hours. it says i posted yesterday and not today.

Please also post the other 4 items Kennel asked for, as it might help find a possible bug.

this is a script error, because IBF does not have this problem at all.

Ok, thanks. I'll have a look at it.

Do you think you could help me out by answering the questions I asked a few posts back?

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

1. Where is the server located. If you don't know, try entering the IP address of the server: http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm?GetLocation

England.

2. What did the script I showed you output?

i am 16 hours off from the server

3. What have you selected for "Server timezone" in admin/options?

00GMT

4. What have you selected for "Timezone" in your user profile?

-08 PST

5. How many hours off is it now? I mean, if you post a message and look at the post time directly after.

24 hours, it reports the post date wrong.

Perhaps you could try something for me? I don't know if you removed PunBB already or if you still have it installed. If you do, open up include/common.php and find:

$today = date($options['date_format'], $now);
$yesterday = date($options['date_format'], $now-86400);

Replace it with

$today = date($options['date_format'], $now+($diff*3600));
$yesterday = date($options['date_format'], $now+($diff*3600)-86400);

This is not a permanent fix. I just want to check if it resolves your problem.

"Programming is like sex: one mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life."

I e-mailed a more complete fix to fly. He said he would check it out.

i did and it seemed to work, but that seems to easy o.o

Ah, great :) Thanks for helping out.

The fix was easy because the mistake was really stupid :)

lol, dont you love those stupid mistakes that you realize after hours of trying to figure out what it is o.o

Haha, yeah. This was one of them. I looked in the wrong place for like an hour before I realized what I had done wrong :D

heh.