Topic: Subscribe to forum?

Is there no way that you can subscribe to a forum rather than having to submit to individual topics in a forum? If not, has this been considered at all?

Thanks

Re: Subscribe to forum?

This would be a mod I would be greatly interested in also. I've searched around but have been unable to find anything, any ideas?

i'm looking for this too.

It wouldn't be a real subscription through PunBB, but you could use RSSFWD to email people new posts or recent activity on individual forums or the whole forum (follow these directions to generate the feed).

For example:

Looking for a certain modification for your forum? Please take a look here before posting.

This is also something I'd like to be able to do.  Are there any mods out there, or is RSS the only way to go?

I'm not sure about this. But, how bout using the Forum built-in RSS feed into FeedBlitz?

I've got users asking for an email subscribe to forum as well.   Would be a great mod if someone that knows how can do it.

Try search for email digest. i am using this, it requires cron jobs though.

I've done the Group Frum Subscribe mod, and with a little modification I suppose it can send to specific users instead of groups.

10 (edited by binou 2006-04-24 12:11)

Hi everybody

I was looking for the same feature "subscribe to forum" so I have started doing it and it works fine for the moment.
Technicaly, it is exactly the same as the topic's subscribtion of punBB but adapted to forum.

Today I still have little things to correct and have to package it in a mod, but the main functionnalities are working fine I guess. So I will release the mod as soon as possible I promess wink And I will post it in the "Modifications" Section of the forum.

http://www.gundya.fr/pub/PunBB_ForumSubscriber/Screenshot_ForumSubscriber.jpg

Working fine :
=> subscribe / unsubscribe
=> receive notification on topic response

Todo :
=> mod package
=> receive notification on new topic too
=> prevent topic subscription when a user has already subscribed to forum

Extras Todo :
=> externalize db data from table "subrscritions" of punbb wich is dedicated to topic subscription
=> create email functions to implement BCC: in order to hide user's mail from each other

binou wrote:

I was looking for the same feature "subscribe to forum" so I have started doing it and it works fine for the moment.
Technicaly, it is exactly the same as the topic's subscribtion of punBB but adapted to forum.

This is exactly what I'm looking for.  I can't wait to try it out!

Oh   this would be a godsend.  I wish there was some way I could help you!  I'm looking forward to this mod.

well ... I guess this is it

I hope it will be usefull, I redirect you to the release topic :

http://punbb.org/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=67058#p67058